Where is the best places to ride in Australia ?

Im planning a trip to australia in my gap year from january to april, im planning on buying a wr450 when i get out there along with a 4x4 for transport. I have little idea as where the best places are for riding on the east coast. It would also be good to do some enduro's too. is there anyone who can give me some good advice??

Chris... having lived in the UK, I can say for certain that people who have never been to Australia before just don't realise how big a place it is...

If you have a state (NSW, QLD, VIC) in mind, then it would be easier, or if you have an idea of the sorts of challenges you wnat to do, then it would be easier...

You can go from desert to rainforest in a day...

If you want some URl's for some events, trail tours, camping and tourist destinations, then PM me and I will get a list together... nothing like the Internet to do your research on before going somewhere... I can send you some mags and newspapers if you wnat as well... might give you some insight or inspiration...

BTW, if you want to get a New bike when you get here, you probably won't get one in January... We get the 03 models in Jan/Feb/March most of the time... depending on stock levels orf the previous year's bikes...

Plenty of 4 x 4's to be had, what were you looking for?

David

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]

At the moment im open minded as to where to go and ive got 6 months to plan the trip, i may have to get a 2002 wr426 if im unable to get the wr450 in early january. Im thinnking of getting a Toyota hylux as this will give me good reliability and ability offroad i think i should be able to get something reliable for $16000. It would be great if you could send me some www. adresses that would be usefull for my trip.

Thanks for helping me.

Chris

Hi Chris, I will get some of the Tourist Board links together and that may help you to get an idea of where you wnat to travel... Remember that Australia is hot in December...

As for the 4 x 4, have a look at these sites, you will get an idea of what is available, and at what price...

Trading Post Classifieds

and the classified section of Sydney Morning Herald I think the Car section is really big on one particular day of the week. Plenty of other places as well, hit www.google.com and search away...

Good luck...

BTW, I posted in the Law in Australia about licencing and rego...

David

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]