XR100 flywheel lighting

• 7 months later...

also since you brought up jetting i noticed that our 02xr80 has a bog to it when you open it up at once instead of rolling on the throttle. where im at we have an average elevation of 693.49 feet above sea level. i pretty sure the jetting is stock any suggestions on how to get rid of the bog or do these mini thumpers suffer from the same bogitis that the racing four strokes do?? thanks N8

I've been racing the bike all season with these mods and it runs really strong. The lighter flywheel really helps pull the bike out of the corners and revs up a little faster. One thing I wasn't expecting when I first rode the bike was the motor braking was a little less then before with the stock flywheel and I almost ran off the track because the motor kept going! HAHA.. I got use to it real fast and love it!!

There are a few videos of my bike on the track racing with my teammate (he has a 63cc 2 stroke Honda motor) and you can see that the motors are equal in power... classic 2 stroke -vs- 4 stroke battle! Check it out!

http://www.teamquazzymoto.com/Video%20Gallery.htm

I'll have to take some measurements of the flywheel.. but here is the only pic I got of it installed on my bike...

DSC01445.jpg

Don't want to start an arguement but that doesn't make sense.

The lighter flywheel should have more engine braking. The heavier flywheel's momentum would tend to keep you going.

If the lighter flywheel accelerates faster it's going to deccelerater faster.

Is that a coolant overflow bottle? :ride:

Well... I'm going off what I felt on the bike and where I normally let off the throttle and start to brake off the straights, and the bike kept going. I just assume that it was from the flywheel being lighter. I don't know... your logic sounds right?? Maybe it was the combination of the new 68/69 WebCam, and lighter flywheel??

The bottle that you see is for my gas tank vent line.

You can see it in these pic's...

DSC01790.jpg

CJB_7189.jpg

There was a huge difference! I had a friend (Todd of TK Racing) dial in the cam for me, we took measurements of the BBR cam and it is the same as a stock one, and the BBR cams lift was a lot more! If you want the numbers I got, PM me and I can send them to ya.

• 5 months later...

Curious on this one and want to keep it up top.

Someone mentioned 5oz. could not be felt with the seat of the pants.

I added 13 oz. to my 450 and noticed it, I feel reducing 10oz. on a 100 would be big huge because it's 4.5 times smaller, (just a theory)

Can you feel 10 oz. off ??? Any down side? Lugability?

10oz. off, What is the O.D. ???

I forgot about this thread. I'll go down in the "shop" and toss a tape around my flywheel.

I did feel a differance with it, but I also changed out my cam at the same time, so it could be a combo of the two??

Btw, I'd like to buy that inner rotor kit, let me see how much $$ I've got after I buy all my parts for my project

• 3 weeks later...