Pittsburgh, PA I-279 Camphorn Rd. exit!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I wrong to assume you're running studs on your 450 Bish

No, I don't run studs on it.... never took the time or money to do it... I never ran studs on my RM265 either..... In all the years i've rode, i've never really had any trouble - just have to keep moving.... Only once on my RM did i get stuck on a hill - had to slam the brakes as the quad in front of me suddenly slowed down - lost all my momentum

I keep hearing from folks that I need to be running them though! ?

There hasn't been an official cancel, but its supposed to be in the low 20's, so i'm guessing we're not going....

I can't go anywhere until i get my new seat cover put on my seat... I took the stock one off, and haven't really tried to get the new one on, but i'm just not seeing how i'm going to be able to get it nice and tight without any wrinkles or bunches...

Would anyone like to help?

I put new plastics/graphics on the bike and they came out AMAZING! much better than i thought i'd be able to do! The bike now looks identical to this one...... except the #8 and i need help doing the seatcover - oh and the fact that my BRAND NEW front fender isn't perfectly straight.... its not real bad, so i wont' fuss about it a lot, but i already have the graphics on it, so its too late for me to return it now... who'd have guessed a brand new fender would be tweeked a little.... i dunno if i can twist it straight or not..

monsterbike2.jpg

Yeah let's go next weekend.

Heat is your answer. You need a heat gun for the seat cover and fender, but you otta think about calling whomever you ordered that stuff from you might end up with brand new spare parts. Especially if you put the graphics on. Don't strech that cover too much it will tare later if you do.

Yeah let's go next weekend.

Heat is your answer. You need a heat gun for the seat cover and fender, but you otta think about calling whomever you ordered that stuff from you might end up with brand new spare parts. Especially if you put the graphics on. Don't strech that cover too much it will tare later if you do.

hmm.... any interest in lending some help on getting it on..?

I really want to give it a shot, but i'm afraid that i get a bunch of holes in the seat cover and seat plastic, and have to tear it out b/c its not right.. and then have to make more holes, and so on and so forth....

Yeah I'll give you a call next week hows your schedule?

Next week looks good for me...

I gave it a shot on saturday, and I think it will come out real well if i can get a staplegun that's strong enough to go through the seat plastic.... The gun i have will get the staple started down into the plastic, but it can't drive the staple the entire way down in... So i have a few staples in it, but it needs finished up..

here's a pic with the seat just sitting on there, not bolted up... let me know what everyone thinks! just need to get #21 put on it, and get the frame shined up again!

BrentsCar042.jpg

BrentsCar043.jpg

BrentsCar044.jpg

BrentsCar045.jpg

Is that next week for seat or riding? Cause it sounds like you got the seat under control. I think I had the same problem with the staples you can probably beat them in with a hammer. The bike does look good.

We'll see what the weather is like..... I don't wanna go if its only 20* - looks like Sunday might have a shot!

• 2 weeks later...
Where are the trails at the airport? I've been out there, at hookstown grade road. I didn't find too many places to ride there. Are there more places to ride out there??
There are lots of trails along route 60 in hopewell and center townships, i've never ridden them, but i believe parking is an issue. I know some guys who ride dualsports who ride those trails alot. If you are street legal, shoot me a pm and i'll see if i can hook you up with these guys. Where are you located at? I'm in beaver county

Where are the trails at the airport? I've been out there, at hookstown grade road. I didn't find too many places to ride there. Are there more places to ride out there??

They are on Hookstown Grade road... the problem is indeed parking... Luckily, i know a guy that knows a guy that lives about 100 feet from the entrance to the trails, so I can get away with parking there.... I don't wanna be that guy that extends that parking to everyone, but send me a PM if you're interested in riding with us, you'd be more than welcome.... If you turn onto Hookstown grade road from Flaherty Run road, you will go on one overpass, then some building that is owned by the airport will be on your left, then you'll go on another overpass.... after that, about another 100yds or so, the trail will be on your left..... put "Hookstown Grade Road, 15108" in maps.google.com .... on the left side of the screen you will see the trail running south from the road...

?

There are lots of trails along route 60 in hopewell and center townships, i've never ridden them, but i believe parking is an issue. I know some guys who ride dualsports who ride those trails alot. If you are street legal, shoot me a pm and i'll see if i can hook you up with these guys. Where are you located at? I'm in beaver county

Hey, thanks. I have a dualsport.(DR350S) I used to ride trails by my cousins house on hookstown grade road. These trails out in hopewell and center sound great. I don't want my license taken away or a fine for riding on airport property. It seems like everything is posted near the airport. Is there a good spot or trail head to ride in on out there in hopewell/center township? I'm located , in churchill(east suburbs) about 35 minutes without traffic.