FCR CE Removal - Which Vacuum Ports To Cap?

Can someone please add a couple of those nifty red arrows to the below photo indicating which two vacuum ports should be capped when the coast enrichener is permanently removed?

The carb looks a lot better right now. The CE is already removed and the carb has soaked in a 50/50 mix of water and Simple Green Max for about 36 hours, but the carb (and my bike) are in my buddy's garage, so I can't easily post a more recent photo.

TIA.

Tipsy

img1924largetx6.jpg

only 2 ports left once you remove the CE.

LOL! I guess it would be pretty obvious to me if the carb were in my hands, but it's in NJ and I'm in NYC :busted:

Thought it would be a good depiction to have archived for the next guy. But I guess it's so readily apparent, there's no need :moon:

Tipsy

Tipsy - I think we talked about this before. When you remove the CE, are you replacing the 60 air jet with a 100 air jet? If so, no problem - plug the nipples. If not, then you connect the 2 nipples together with a hose.

• Like 1

Tipsy - I think we talked about this before. When you remove the CE, are you replacing the 60 air jet with a 100 air jet? If so, no problem - plug the nipples. If not, then you connect the 2 nipples together with a hose.

Indeed we did, Noble! I ordered a bunch of parts from Carb Parts Warehouse. They no longer stock pilot air jets. Only the adjustable pilot air screw. So that's what I got.

One turn-out on the screw should equate to a 100 PAJ.

This is what I plan to do insofar as overall jetting.

Tipsy

Well it's painfully obvious to me now as to what I'm seeing. I realize it wouldn't have been a question if I'd had the carb in my hands (apartment living has its compromises).

It's clear that the two arrows on the right are pointing to the two nipples that get plugged and the two arrows on the left are pointing to the other end of those same two tubes. The two arrows on the left show the tubes connected to the CE.

When I first looked at this photo, I didn't realize the two on the left were connected to the CE. I thought they were connected to nipples on the carb body behind the CE.

Like I said, painfully obvious :busted:

Tipsy

img1924arrow2oi2.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 3 ports that must be plugged when the CE is removed?

Two on the carb, plus one on the intake - where the bottom hose on the CE goes to (#25 in fiche).

See #25 here: http://webservices.motorsportdealers.com/parts/partImages/SUZ/2/02/207/0003.Gif

You must also either plug #25

OR for a more permanent fix

Remove #25 and put a second #26 in its place.

Disclaimer: I have not actually confirmed #26 is the same thread as #25, but it appears to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 3 ports that must be plugged when the CE is removed?

Two on the carb, plus one on the intake - where the bottom hose on the CE goes to (#25 in fiche).

See #25 here: http://webservices.motorsportdealers.com/parts/partImages/SUZ/2/02/207/0003.Gif

You must also either plug #25

OR for a more permanent fix

Remove #25 and put a second #26 in its place.

You are correct. I was referring to what needs to be plugged on the carb itself.

In my case, I'm using the nipple on the head (#25) to provide a vacuum source for the stock "S" vacuum petcock.

Tipsy

Tipsy - Oh yes, I do remember now: Pilot Air Screw (PAS)

Sorry if I have not paid attention to all the details, perhaps you know, you will aslo need E model throttle cables to complete the install.

No worries Noble!

I do have the E throttle cables as well as the E airbox, E airbox boot and E manifold. Should be a simple install once I get the carb together.

It'll have to wait a bit though. I'm traveling for the next couple of weeks :busted:

Tipsy

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

I know this is an oldie thread but new to the drz400 mods.  Since this started out saying the CE is removed can someone tell me what is removed from the pic as the hoses still show connected... Well a more detail of removing the CE and plugging it all together would be nice.

Thanks