Lowering kit

Want to buy the 650 but too high,has anyone lowered one ,I am 5'6" need to get closer to the ground.

I bought my wife a 09 klr 650, had it lowered front and back 2". She is 5'6" and can touch the ground now but may have to find a different seat. I hear Corbin has one that will sit a person 1 1/2" lower.

Whatever the case she loves the way the bike handles and the power is great. But if your agressive in the corners you may scrap the pegs some.

Hope this helps.

Freedom Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By windfall
      Hi I was looking at a clean 10,000 mile 1993 KLX 650. the're selling it for 1800, and I was wondering what the availability of parts to keep this bike running as a daily commuter, and adventure tourer are like in 2018. Should I buy? I don't care how cool it is, I just want something that I can keep running for a while, and fix whatever issues may arise. Any help would be appreciated
      Thanks!

• By cferrene
      Hey all, Im hoping to use a front wheel trailer hitch mount to tow my KLR 650 from CA to Utah. Ill be towing for around 700 miles. This is my only option. My concern is if the final drive bearing is lubricated by transmission turning. If the Klr is, won't I burn out the transmission? Ive attached a picture of the hitch mount. Would love to hear some peoples experience or knowledge on this. Thanks all.

• By Bryan Bosch
      Great day or riding in Richloam (aka Withlacoochee National Forest). Sandy soil was damp, so it made for epic at speed powerslides!
    • By Kenya
      Hey guys, looking for some help here.
      I'm interested in buying a 1993 KLR650 i found on craigslist. The owner says that compression is good, but that there is no spark at the spark plug.
      Any idea what could be wrong with it? any experience with this before?
      I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty. I'm excited about having a project, but i don't want to dump a bunch of money into it.
      All I can think of is grounding issues, maybe a bad stator, or oil in the spark plug wells from pad valve covers.
      Anyway, i'm a noob when it comes to motorcycles. Any ideas how i could find out what the problem is or anything to check for when i go look at the bike?
      Thanks!
    • By Bryan Bosch
      What do you guys think of this guy's conclusions?