SM = SUPER MUD!! and a big thanks to Forrest (EDIT now with videos!! post #42)

As many of you know I've been searching for dirt wheels. My limit was $400 for a nice set. I thought maybe I could build a set if I could find a cheap pair of hubs. I have a good rear rim from a previous bike and was searching e-bay when I thought I'd e-mail Forrest about a set of hubs. Well he mails me back a bunch of pics of different sets of wheels and shot me some prices. I wound up getting these for $395 SHIPPED!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!

SHOW ME THE MUDDY!!

HPIM4107-1.jpg

HPIM4110-1.jpg

HPIM4111-1.jpg

And I finally got rid of the stock turn signals. Went with the cheapies but I like em'. Mounted the fronts in the shroud cause that's how I did my old DR.

HPIM4106-1.jpg

AND FREEBIES!! WHAT!!! Also got a free set of sprocket bolts! Thanks Santa Forrest! Wheeling rules P E R I O D .

HPIM4113-1.jpg

HPIM4105-1.jpg

Everybody have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Pauli

Typical Forrest. Patron saint of motorcycle parts and goodwill.

Now the real fun begins. Enjoy the mud!

Merry Christmas to all.

Shawn

Lookin good! Now, you just need a nice tinge of tan with a bit of brown and a few shades of green scattered on that yellow for good effect...as in dirt, mud, and grass! :busted:

Lookin good! Now, you just need a nice tinge of tan with a bit of brown and a few shades of green scattered on that yellow for good effect...as in dirt, mud, and grass! :moon:

That's the plan Myk! Hopefully over the holiday. We've had some serious rainfall here over the last 2 days. At least it's warming up a bit.:busted:

Pauli

If you plan to go back to the SM setup anytime soon, ya may want to spring for another skid plate, cause the nice, smooth, high polish finish is gonna go away in a hurry.:busted:

Looks good man.

Forrest/Amy/the whole wheeling crew are the best.

A nice deal,and it looks great....Now cover it in mud.

Looks awesome. I love the look of the SM forks. With dirt wheels or street wheels, these bikes just look better with the gold legs.

Looks good, I just hooked up some S wheels as well. Can you tell me what tires those are and if they are DOT approved?

Welcome to the world of shoving a knobbie in mother earths face!:busted:

so you got the wheels for $395 shipped or wheels and tires? either way the bike looks good :busted:

Looks good, I just hooked up some S wheels as well. Can you tell me what tires those are and if they are DOT approved?

Dunlop 756 rear and 752 front. Not DOT. I always ran them on my DR. Great woods, MX, Mud tire. They don't do too bad on the street either. I found that street use would actually sharpen the leading edge of the tire instead of round it off like I found other harder compound tires would do. I'm hoping to keep these tires for dirt use and the SM wheels and tires for commuting and country cruises.

so you got the wheels for $395 shipped or wheels and tires? either way the bike looks good :busted:

Thanks!:moon: $395 shipped for the wheels with decent trail wing tires on them. Spent about another $200 for the Dunlops and tubes and rim strips and rim locks.

Pauli

Good deal, looks nice, go enjoy some wheelies up a grass hill where it's "legal" to ride. :busted:

Them's some tiny blinkers Pauli :busted:

Congrats by the way

Enjoy being able to go where no sm could ever go. nov302008002.jpg

say good-bye to your clean plastics....and you'll love it as you put each and every scratch on!!!!

Update please

How did the bike work out off road with the wheel set up?

Did you find the weight of the SM ok or a bit out of hand?

Thinking of the same thing to take advantage of our trail system without buying a new bike.

Thanks

Bev

I think I'm missing something...as usual...how is it possible to get a full set of laced wheels...with tires...all new...for $395 shipped? Are they hot?

Damn...look great, AWESOME price!

and I WISH I could get some SM wheels for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!