left over 08 wr250?? vs. wr360

I was at the local dealership yesterday and Bs'ing with the owner, well one way or another we got to talking about the 02 360 of mine and he was commenting on how much he had liked the 360's etc..etc.. my 360 is a low hour 2002, and in my opinion excellent condition. well he throws me out an offer on trading it in on his new 08 wr250, and I am considering it, but don't know what these 08 250's sold for, I don't know how much cash is a fair deal. The 08 is brand new, on the showroom floor,What do you guys think???? My 02 wr360 is really clean, still original plastic, original graphics, all the original stickers are still on the bike, TMX carb, jd jet kit, utah skid plate, FMF gnarly, turbinecore, barkbusters etc... I'm not totally sure I'm going to do the deal, but the thought of a new bike is kinda cool.

thanks

Merry Christmas-

I would heavily lean towards the new Wr250! I had an 02 wr360, it reminded me why I don't ride open class 2 strokes in the woods anymore (save a big bore frontera occassionally...). The 360 was in every way an awesome bike, and in a few ways a little too awesome. The power on tap for gingerly plonking techno-trails was a little bit much, as was the amount of effort required to light it when cold.

I currently have a wr250 and don't feel underpowered by any means, but the struggle of trying to keep it on the trail is now a thing of the past. It carves, dices and slices with the best of them, has all the power needed to move a 240 lb fata$$ (I know this first hand...) feels uber-light and doesent try to bite you.

I live and ride the tight stuff found out here in upstae western NY. I have never riddebn in Ohio, but Ohio looks a lot more like NY than the wide open desert, where the 360 whoops a$$! This is only one guy's opinion-the 360 was great at kicking butt-mainly mine. The 250 has made me feel like a hero again!

Have fun!

Tom

Don't get rid of the 360, trade in your yz (if he'll do that deal).

As for price, it really depends on the dealer, list was 6200, but it's not uncommon to find leftover husky's for 2 grand off list.

I can't get rid of my yz, I have too much invested in setting it up for my style of riding. That and the YZ isn't worth as much as the 360 which would make the cash difference to much. I wish I could keep the 360 and buy a new bike but unfortunately I'm only allowed to own 2 bikes at a time.

I had the same thing going on in my mind about a month ago. My dealer had 1 left over for 38 and change. I was thinking my 04wr and less than 2 diff. would be cool, but I never followed up.

So wait a minute your sayin dealer cost is well under 5000.00??? ok well my deal wasn't that great of an offer then. so what could I buy a leftover 08 wr250 for if I had cash in hand I guess should be my question???

thanks

& merry christmas!

Barbwire,

I have seen a couple of 08's listed recently in the $4500 range and I think you can probably dicker that down a few hundred. Personally I would wait until they put the WR in the new frame because the 08 is essentially the same as yours. The suspension has better valving as well as different plastic and tank.

IF I were you I would just send my clutch off to EFM and get your new bike that way. You will be stunned how much better it becomes in that really tight slow stuff, it just takes the fear factor out. Besides your 360 is a classic and will only be worth more where as the 250 will be worth 2k in 2 years. JMHO

Merry Christmas,

Walt

I hear ya wally, You know how it is, somebody throws an offer at you, and the wheels start spinning..LOL!!! I was under the impression the wr250 was selling for the mid 5's (5500.00?) But if you can buy them in the 4's or even 3's like was mentioned I would be way better off keeping mine, rather than giving it away, with my math and thinking I thought I was getting 2500 out of mine, I guess not.

I should have explained a little bit about the price I mentioned. It was a one time, some sort of old package discounted buy by the dealer. There actually wasn't any trade in possible because of the special deal. Anyway I wish I hadn't bought my 04 a couple months earlier or I would have done the deal.

Hope I cleared this up.

Cleared up fine, thanks.

Yanni...LOL!!! I didn't even see that post, but you are correct on the permission slip needed, but I don't wanna sleep with the husky.

You should have ask for the permission slip nicely..LOL!!! Hey yanni, you should just buy this wr360 from me and start your rental fleet, besides that single husky you have could use the company.

I really miss my 360, GREAT bike! I had the auto decrompression head on mine - it started like a 125.

You should be able to sell it for $2500 and buy the '08 for $4500~... $2,000 to trade for an '08... not bad.

I really miss my 360, GREAT bike! I had the auto decrompression head on mine - it started like a 125.

You should be able to sell it for $2500 and buy the '08 for $4500~... $2,000 to trade for an '08... not bad.

Here is your old bike. I remember confirming that it was yours some time ago. Still a great bike.

And Yanni, yes its a wide ratio 6 speed and would drop right in that 250 frame of yours. Like Barb'd says, it would make a great addition as a rental bike as it is very easy to ride.

arkansas2007trip022.jpg

Here is your old bike. I remember confirming that it was yours some time ago. Still a great bike.

And Yanni, yes its a wide ratio 6 speed and would drop right in that 250 frame of yours. Like Barb'd says, it would make a great addition as a rental bike as it is very easy to ride.

arkansas2007trip022.jpg

WOW!:busted: I have thought about that bike many hours... out of the 50+ bikes(most are vintage) I've owned since '02 the 360 and my '06 300 GasGas were my favorites. The 360 can be short shifted and it will fly!

How well has it been for you??

My dealer has 1 '08 WR 250 left and pretty sure he would do it for 4600.00 which is less than his actual cost just to move it. It is a great deal for a reliable bike.

WOW!:busted: I have thought about that bike many hours... out of the 50+ bikes(most are vintage) I've owned since '02 the 360 and my '06 300 GasGas were my favorites. The 360 can be short shifted and it will fly!

How well has it been for you??

That bike has been excellent. Aside from a top end and a replacement cylinder, really nothing notable gone wrong. Its been to Utah, Colorado and Arkansas. Even made the European Husky Brochure from '07 with this pic. Can't say enough about the Decomp Head.

moab091.jpg

Hey Walt , I saw you mentioned seeing some 08 wr 250 priced at 4500 and I am wondering if you have a dealer name or phone #. I am in So. Calif. and the prices are much higher here. Some of these dealers would rather take them to there grave then discount them. I have not gotten a better price then msrp. .

Thanks Camelguy

If you lived here in So. Ca and owned that 02 WR 360, I'd tell you to keep the bike. Boy, the 360s were great desert and Baja bikes! Having ridden the 07 WR 250 up in Wash State though on tight trails, I'd have to vote for the Wr 250 for you there. I've seen the trails in upstate NY (Rochester area) and if they are like your trails in Ohio, then definetly the 250.

I was also looking for a wr250. Please post a dealer name and phone number.

GP Cycles, San Diego, Ca has a couple WR 250s. 619-233-4762, ask for Josh.