Terms Index (this should be a sticky)

Would some one care to post or start a terms index, so us with less experienced can get an idea what a your talking about...and mabye a short explanation what it is and does?

I think this would benifit 90% of the readers on this fourm.

For example

1. Float

2. clamp shim or plate

3. bleed

4. Cross over shim

Etc.

if you don´t know this things, what you looking at here...the pictures??its a specific forum for crying out loud...lol

if you don´t know this things, what you looking at here...the pictures??its a specific forum for crying out loud...lol

Maybe he’s trying to learn something specific!

Can you help him? Or don’t you know enough!

If you are not here to help and give information then you must be here only to take!

You could help him with his suspension and he could help you with your grammar!

I’ll try to help but I’m no guru, there are plenty on here who know WAY more than me I’m learning like you moto9.

1.Float = the amount a mid valve can move before shim distortion.

2. clamp shim or plate= the fulcrum that a shim bends around its at the end of the stack ad has a major overall effect.

3. Bleed= Bypass around a stack

4. Cross over shim= smaller shim in the middle of larger ones creating a clamp inside the stack differentiating between hi and low speed circuits.

Can someone else add to this I would like to learn more about this too. Am I right, wrong, in the ball park?

MM

Let me guess, English is not your language, and grammar is not taught where you live?

Ease up on the OP,he has a legitimate question.

Don't be a dick, and learn some grammer!

Actually, I know everything I listed, but not all do, this may be a specific fourm but it's also educational even for the novice.

I have read threads with simple questions as basic as how to adjust sag, that doesn't give me an opening to thrash on the guy.

Even the best tuners out there had a starting point and were asking the same basic questions..."nothing wrong with that"

You may think you know everything about suspension, but one thing for sure....you sure know how to act like a punk!!