2004-2005 motor questions!

Hi agian. Just wondering how much are you spending on the used one vs. how much you can rebuild what you have if the cases are good. That way you know for sure what you have and it might not cost as much as you think. I'd go new crank if possible. :busted:

well it would be 300 for the entire bottom end (the 04 one) and that comes with tranny ... but it would be 224 for the crank and rod assembly plus labor to put the rod in. basically the only reason im messing with the bottom end is cuz i need a new rod and the labor to put it in is ridiculous.

well it would be 300 for the entire bottom end (the 04 one) and that comes with tranny ... but it would be 224 for the crank and rod assembly plus labor to put the rod in. basically the only reason im messing with the bottom end is cuz i need a new rod and the labor to put it in is ridiculous.

thats cheap. I would buy it to have extra parts laying around but I would still opt for a new crank. the crank in that one still might be out of spec. I can't advertise on this site because it wouldn't be fair to the people paying to do so but if you go to the other site where I do that you were on and pm me I will give you a sweet deal if you want cheap. Tony

you will be better off in the long run if you just get a new crank and rod. i tried to go the cheap way once by doing the same thing you are thinking about doing and had my " new/used crank and rod " snap and cost me a whole lot more then the new crank and rod would of. but like tony said it is worth the $300.00 for the transmission and what not