How to Raise YZ250F Handlebars

How can I raise my handlebars 10mm? Can I use longer bolts and risers? I'd like to do it without buying new bars. Does anyone make risers for this?

Thanks av. I'd give you gas bu it won't let me.

What year bike or what size bar do you have - 7/8" or 1 1/8" diameter bars?

2006 with Pro-Tapers. 1-1/8 I guess.

Thanks av. I'd give you gas bu it won't let me.

Thanks for trying, I got some gas from lunch already... lol

What year bike or what size bar do you have - 7/8" or 1 1/8" diameter bars?

2006 with Pro-Tapers. 1-1/8 I guess.

Use the second link above...

The kit shown above will raise the bars by 20mm, which is a LOT of difference compared to the stock bar. Since you are looking for 10mm, then 20mm will too much increase.

The 10mm taller bar is the Windham/Suzuki Mid and you can buy the bar for about $62. IMO, buy the taller bar and then either stash your stock bars with your other spare parts or sell them on Ebay.

Both sets are for 7/8" clamps. If you have pro tapers 1 1/8" then they wont fit. Try this link

http://pitposse.com/ourabiunbarr.html

It's a "conversion" kit, to go from 7/8 to 1 1/8 bars, but it WILL work with 1 1/8 stock clamps but it will have a little gap - not a big deal. The kit you pointed to is a better fit but at a little higher cost, probably better overall.

I dunno, 10mm isn't much of a change to me... Maybe you can tell better with 20mm? :busted: Make sure all of your cables are long enough before attempting to raise the bar.

If a person is at all particular about his set-up, then 20mm of height increase is a HUGE change. 10mm might not sound like a lot, but it is quite a bit. There is a good reason that bars come in differing heights in smaller height changes. If +/- 10mm was all we needed, then that's what would be in the catalogs.

Of course, if you're riding a gaywad cruiser streetbike, then bar dimensions are all over the map. Those cruisers have such retarded ergos that it really doesn't matter where you have the bars, seat, footpegs, chunky wife/GF, etc.

Back to our thread... Since saving money seems to be the theme of this thread, (and I'm not saying that saving money is a bad thing at all), another thing to try, is to simply rotate the bars up a little further. Record where it is, and then try some other rotations. Yes, the bar bend will be semi-goon maybe, but the price is $0.00, so give it a try.

Good luck with it.