Where to ride???

I should know this but I am drawing a blank. I didn't renew my STL permit for several reasons but anyway I need a place for the family to ride (new riders) and hang out that is not on STL and preferably doesn't have any quad tards. I now, I know.....I am asking a lot. Lower Sycamore would be perfect except for the tards. Box Canyon staging areas are STL.

Suggestions.....ideas?

I didnt know for sure if box canyon staging area was STL or not. Im thinking there is another possible area not far from there you can check into, check your email.

I should know this but I am drawing a blank. I didn't renew my STL permit for several reasons but anyway I need a place for the family to ride (new riders) and hang out that is not on STL and preferably doesn't have any quad tards. I now, I know.....I am asking a lot. Lower Sycamore would be perfect except for the tards. Box Canyon staging areas are STL.

Suggestions.....ideas?

rolls?, your not goping to find a place that is close with out tards

I didnt know for sure if box canyon staging area was STL or not. Im thinking there is another possible area not far from there you can check into, check your email.

Got the email thx for the suggestions.

Zoom into Box Canyon area....blue is STL.

http://sco.az.gov/website/parcels/viewer.htm

rolls?, your not goping to find a place that is close with out tards

Not sure if I would rather go to lower syc than the rolls. Maybe the area on 4 Peaks side across from Mesquite.

I was just gonna shoot you a PM, and tell you that box canyon is state land, for a good ways in.

If you find a new place to go, that won't kill me, let me know. I need to do something that doesn't involve watching TV!

Got the email thx for the suggestions.

Zoom into Box Canyon area....blue is STL.

http://sco.az.gov/website/parcels/viewer.htm

It doesnt look blue to me on the map, but there are some small blue areas around it, I dont know.

Bit far for you but Wildcat staging is pretty good for new riders and what not and no Tonto pass needed.

Brett, the Hewitt Station Rd loop is a great ride for new riders. There are no more than a couple of minimally challenging spots on the way up. The switchbacks on the way down are visually intimidating to new riders, but not physically or technically difficult. It's 39 miles total. My girlfriend rode this here 2nd or 3rd time out, as did my son years ago.

Don't know if there is snow up top -- it climbs to almost 6000 ft. Ask Woody. He always knows what going on up there.

Brett, the Hewitt Station Rd loop is a great ride for new riders. There are no more than a couple of minimally challenging spots on the way up. The switchbacks on the way down are visually intimidating to new riders, but not physically or technically difficult. It's 39 miles total. My girlfriend rode this here 2nd or 3rd time out, as did my son years ago.

Don't know if there is snow up top -- it climbs to almost 6000 ft. Ask Woody. He always knows what going on up there.

Take a close look at a map Harry. I think part of that area is STL at the beginning off Queen Valley Road. IN addition he may need to be street legal on Hewitt.

Take a close look at a map Harry. I think part of that area is STL at the beginning off Queen Valley Road. IN addition he may need to be street legal on Hewitt.

There's a small staging area just off of Hewitt that you can use if you aren't street legal. Besides, a lot of us stage by the RR tracks and then run up Hewitt to the start of the loop. The YZ isn't street legal and I've never had a problem.

Suggestions.....ideas?

Another vote for Wildcat. Lots of easy jeep roads and two track. I haven't seen many kwadders there either, but I don't ride on weekends.