Fork Oil

I have a 07 SM, ive heard it is a good idea to rplace the fork oil rather early. It has stock suspension (planing to revale in close future). What weight and amount of fork oil is recomended to put in. I weigh 160 pounds and do agressive street riding/track days. Looking to stifin up the suspension a bit from stock. What is the stock fork oil weight? and how mutch will a heavier oil afect the suspension. I know suspension is not a black and white topic but any input will help. Thanks

Up......

I've heard it is a good idea to replace the fork oil rather early.---Yes, I think so

What weight and amount of fork oil is recommended to put in.----5 wt is stock and I recommend 5 wt. I do not know quantity. E forks take about 40 oz for both legs.

Looking to stiffen up the suspension a bit from stock.----Use compression and rebound adjusters and you can raise the oil level 1/2 inch.

What is the stock fork oil weight?---5wt

How much will a heavier oil affect the suspension.-----Depends on what wt you use, but I recommend stay with 5 wt and use the adjustments. After that, go to re-valving.

Sounds good. Thanks for the input. Where do you think I would be able to find the amount for the SM forks?

Service manual states, SM models: Inner 182 ml (6.15oz) Outer 350 ml (11.8oz) 5 weight oil for what it's worth.

Thanks.