09 CRF LoudMouth Intake System?

The more restictive your intake system is the more you could benefit from this product. The 09 airbox is much better then the older CRF's. I would try this on my old CRF's I'll have to ride my 09 more and change more filters to decide if it's worth the money.

I believe Eddie did dyno runs early on with an 09 and tested with the air filter completely removed and saw no improvement over having the air filter installed. If that is the case then the HP gained with this system could only be minimal at best.

Here's the dyno...Looks real to me. Even MXA rated it.

http://loudmouthmx.com/sitex/images/stories/newy.jpg

clogged stock vs. fresh loudmouth ?

I also question the graph because of where the torque and hp lines cross each other, they should be in the same place.

Do you think the OEM's really leave that much power on the table? I mean they do some major stuff just to eek another hp or two out of each new model year.

I think the value of the system lies in it's ability to seal the filter to the box, no wondering about seal leaks. And maybe ease and quickness of replacement.

Like another poster state, IF, and big IF, the hp claims are real. It HAS to come from more flow from courser filter media, because the filter is smaller than most stockers. If power is paramount over engine longevity, than maybe it's worth it.

I admire the young guys for coming out with the product, but think they'd do better if the claims weren't so big.

I don't believe the graph. It appears they graphed a 250F and a 450 based on two different sets of HP numbers, but the torque numbers are roughly the same. We all know a 250F makes nowhere near the torque of a 450. Something is really fudged there.

HP benefits arent the point. Its ease of use. That thing is way easier to use, but its one of those " is $150 bucks worth saving me 8 seconds on my filter changes" questions...

At 60 bucks, they'd sell those things like crazy. Better yet, make the ring out of ABS and they could sell them and make stupid money on them at 25 bucks.

Well how about we buy one and try it. I am game, I have put five grand in my new 08 crf in the last five months what is another hundred fifty buck. Oh, guys just put on the new crfstuff.com front brake rotor and their braide front and back lines and it works awesome. You have to try this kit on your 09!

Flyn Ryan

HP benefits arent the point. Its ease of use. That thing is way easier to use, but its one of those " is $150 bucks worth saving me 8 seconds on my filter changes" questions...

At 60 bucks, they'd sell those things like crazy. Better yet, make the ring out of ABS and they could sell them and make stupid money on them at 25 bucks.

Bingo!

But I still say no to it.If taking off the filter is really "that" hard for a person,I'd hate to see what the rest of his maintenance looks like.Poor bike.

Bingo!

But I still say no to it.If taking off the filter is really "that" hard for a person,I'd hate to see what the rest of his maintenance looks like.Poor bike.

thats what i though, everyone says they want it because it make changing filters eayser....i don really think its that hard. i pondered buying this product but only for the performance benifits....not way i am spend 150 on something that makes a simlple job a little bit eayser.

and it makes more power than the stock system bc there is no more backfire screen and i think the filter is a bit bigger than stock. the thing is that too big of a fitler actually restricts air flow. i already took the backfire screen out of my bike so there can bet that big of a power difference:excuseme: i think i am just gonna pass

A billet velocity stack and bored carb were only worth 2 hp on a 450 Eddie and me tested as far back as 03 if it makes it eazyer to clean i quess that would be the key .when i tested the 09 air box on the flow bench it flowed more air with the filter in place than it did with out it i beleive the filter works like an air straightener to the velocity stack in the boot we use to use a honey comb shaped material to straighten air and get diferent results on the bench.