Piston pin clip???

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the clip in. What am I missing ?

Chris:banghead:

Have you got a pick? Start one end of the clip into "the hole" then work the clip in from that point around. Just take is slow. Once you get enough in, you can use the pick or a small blade on a screw driver to run the rest in.

Probably not super clear, but I tried.

Edit: MAKE SURE you have a rag (or two) in the hole!!!!

It's a pita I know. I us small needle nose pliers. start with pliers at 90 deg. from clip opening. u want to stick oposite end in first and hold in with fingertip while you work it in with pliers.

dont forget to position the opening of the clip 180 degrees from the little cut out on the piston pin bore (where the clip sits..)

Thanks! First time I've done a Honda piston :busted:

Chris

same as any other piston haha.. just make sure the piston is installed in the right direction as well.. pretty much the only place u will mess up.. that or losing a piston clip into the crankcase, just make sure the clips are fully seated before you install the cylinder..

same as any other piston haha.. just make sure the piston is installed in the right direction as well.. pretty much the only place u will mess up.. that or losing a piston clip into the crankcase, just make sure the clips are fully seated before you install the cylinder..

LOL Yamaha piston clips are just a little easier LOL Thanks guys for your help! The pick idea worked great.

Merry Christmas

Chris