Winter Overhaul and Freshening

Well I'll be doing quite a bit on my bike this year and thought I'd make a thread about it.

This winter here's some stuff I plan on doing.

- Barnett Kevlar Clutch Kit

- Pro Taper EVO Bars

- 2" Bar Risers

- Fastway F5 Footpegs (Mainly for Lowboy position)

- New Cam (Maybe)

- Porting (Maybe)

- New white graphics & plastics

- Powder-coated rims, hubs & engine covers

- Mainly, a valve job with SS valves

As you can tell there's a lot I plan on doing. One big thing is making the bike fit me well since I'm 6'4 and on the stock bike I'm hunched.

Here's my bike at the beginning of last year.

1.jpg

And now. Looks surprisingly well in pictures.

IMG_3842.jpg?t=1230171621

And currently trying to clean the hidden spots.

IMG_3853.jpg

Engine cover wear to be PC'd.

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

So far I've received bars, risers, and a bar pad.

Pro Taper EVO's (Windham Bend)

IMG_3904.jpg

2" Risers

IMG_3882.jpg

And a good looking pad

IMG_3908.jpg

Thats where I'm at so far :busted:

I also dyed some plastic parts black. Learned how to, right here on TT.

Here's what I did.

Filled pot with water enough to cover parts then put 1 TBSP of salt in water an boil it. Once boiling put in one bottle of RIT dye, 1/4 cup of vinegar and the parts. I let them sit on the burner for about 3 hours on medium then you can take them off and let them cool down. And I did this twice.

Went from normal to this.

IMG_3910.jpg

I didn't think it would dye the counter sprocket cover, which it didn't. It just smoked it but I'm not going to use it anyway.

cool cool... freshening up my 05 as well this winter... new crank, 07 ported and polished head, 08 cam, have a hinson clutch kit laying around somewhere to go in..

nice job looking good

Looking good austin! Are you going to dye the radiator fin things too?

That would add to it. nice:thumbsup:

Your engine covers should look good once they are PC'd

I have the PT windham bend bars as well, just in the Contour (not EVO) design, they are nice. You should like them.

One thing that looks really nice on my bike, is the Ironman sprockets and the Gold RK GB520EXW (X ring) chain. Just looks awesome. :busted:

I also plan to do some stuff to the bike this winter.

-New chain/sprockets - done that already

-fresh rings and pin for the JE, new cam chain

-And for the forks, DaveJ's new dual spring dell taco and dual spring ICS to improve upon the first version

I just hope the head/valves are still fine. They haven't ever tightened up in the 109.6 hrs on the bike, so therefore there shouldn't be any wear, I am hoping.

Don't have a large sum of money to put into it to freshen it up for the spring. - Hopefully I'll be able to get all the stuff I wanted done.

I was planning on doing it. I don't have a big enough pot so I think I'm gonna have to use a deep pan.

Some updates:

Barnett Kevlar Clutch Kit

IMG_3922.jpg

Fastway F5 Pegs

IMG_3923.jpg

Will get all of this on soon hopefully. Finally my bike fits :busted:

i am overhauling mine also....it REALLY needed it.

it got all new sprockets and chain (done)

all new rear spokes

new front tire

new rear tire if i can get if off without ruining it

i cut all the imprefections out of my pre-prints (totally worth it)

re-packed pipes (done)

JE piston (spring time, not doing engine work in sub zero temps)

hopefuilly thats it for a while, i did a whole bunch of things to it only about a month ago

it seems like everyons name is austin on here :busted:

Berm-saw, are you doin your spokes yourself? Is it hard? I need new spokes too and I started a thread a while ago about my spoke nipples being seized and I've put it off forever and really need new spokes but not trying to spend a ton on having a shop do it so I'm not really sure what to do. I need to freshen up my bike too. I want to get

1. fork oil(another thing I'm gonna haveto learn)

2. Chain and sprockets(I want ironman but theyre so expensive)

3. JE piston(That should be fun to learn on my own)

4. Barkbusters and end caps based on where I'm riding.

5. I want to get white plastics with stock graphics but that probably will have to wait.

Oh and I want to repack my exhausts but I don't have a rivet gun so yea...

.If I can get most of that stuff done and pick up some black duplicolor to paint random stuff and then dye my white plastic stuff it would make my day. I have as much money as I need for anything but I can't make myself buy anything because I'm saving to lift my truck up and have 3000 saved up for it and I don't really want to spend it on dirtbike parts even though I would have badass dirtbike

Berm-saw, are you doin your spokes yourself? Is it hard? I need new spokes too and I started a thread a while ago about my spoke nipples being seized and I've put it off forever and really need new spokes but not trying to spend a ton on having a shop do it so I'm not really sure what to do. I need to freshen up my bike too. I want to get

1. fork oil(another thing I'm gonna haveto learn)

2. Chain and sprockets(I want ironman but theyre so expensive)

3. JE piston(That should be fun to learn on my own)

4. Barkbusters and end caps based on where I'm riding.

5. I want to get white plastics with stock graphics but that probably will have to wait.

i am going to do them myself. idk how long its gonna take, i am guessing over a hour. i am gonna go by the how to threads on here in the tire and wheel section, i am gonna make my own trueing stand so well see

btw you can get a rivet gun for under $10. i bought one a week ago to do my exausts

Ok thanks I guess I'll have to get one of those, but I have alot of stuff to do and prob wont get to it all this winter so I'm gonna have to pick wat to do first.