acerbis plastics

I just bought a black acerbis plastic kit for my 06 250x...everything is the same as stock but it did not come with the door for the airbox..so my concern is if you can buy a replacement swinging door for the X in black because it will look lame with a random white spot and I'm afraid my only option is to haveto cover it up with black graphics

I just bought a black acerbis plastic kit for my 06 250x...everything is the same as stock but it did not come with the door for the airbox..so my concern is if you can buy a replacement swinging door for the X in black because it will look lame with a random white spot and I'm afraid my only option is to haveto cover it up with black graphics

If you can't get a door and are forced to cover it, i have an option for you. Just last week I put number plate backgrounds on my '05. My local sign shop sold me black vinyl for $2 a foot. Cut it to approximate size, a little extra is good. Peal off the backing and wet the adhesive side with water. Put it in place, rub out the bubbles, then trim it with a razor blade. Just like window tinting. It would probably be a close match.

3 options I have found....UFO makes a black door,BUT you must purchase the side plates to get it, I tried everything even told them I had previously purchased the set and the door got broken, they still would not sell me a single door. Other option, krylon Fusion paint works well. And the black vinyl like stated above.

• 3 months later...