Helmet cam mounting

I just got a Oregon scientific cam but having trouble mounting it. The rubber strap seems way to short for the helmet, and i don`t trust those tiny velcro strips.

How are you mounting your cams?

I just got one today, I see what you mean. Hook the rubber strap up on the clip and then just stretch that baby around it fits.

I have one. Can you use the rubber strap as your goggles strap? I've mounted mine to the top of the handlebars, just left of center. Very wavey results...but a cool effect overall, if you're all artsy n' isht...you can still see what's going on. I don't trust the velcro stick-ons either...maybe you could carefully drill a hole to screw the mount to the helmet from the inside, with the screw head safely buried in a divot when tight. With glue, the mount would be permanent, but you'd have to sacrifice a helmet. That camera on a helmet would be good results, I just don't have a helmet to sacrifice, and can't really think of a way otherwise either.

i just got one today as well..LOL but anyways it mounted perfectly on my helmet?

The stuff that came with my oregon scientific cam sucked for mounting it. I made my own braket that is held on by the screw for the visor of my helmet and then some velcro with adhesive backing. Then I zip-tied the cam to the bracket. This way I just unscrew the visor screw, and pull the braket and camera off as one when I want to remove it. The other nice part is it is always aimed in the same spot when I put it back on.

I just got one today, I see what you mean. Hook the rubber strap up on the clip and then just stretch that baby around it fits.

Yea, i finally got evil with it and got the rubber strap around the bottom. I would`ve swore it wouldn`t fit, but it did.