New Fees

Just got my renewal for my '95 1500, the new weight fee ($80) is more than half of the renewal cost ($154). Like someone once said said, if they can't tax us they'll fee us to death. Sorry for the rant.

Just got my renewal for my '95 1500, the new weight fee ($80) is more than half of the renewal cost ($154). Like someone once said said, if they can't tax us they'll fee us to death. Sorry for the rant.

$154 to license a 14 year old half ton? That's insanity!

Here in MN, I have a 94 1500, and my renewal is $42 all said and done....come to think of it, my 80 2500 is the same price.

I paid the same thing in August for my 95' Chevy 1500:banghead:

Be happy that you don't have a 1994 3500. I think my weight fee was $265 or something stupid like that, with a total registration of like $380.

I can't complain too much, as my 1994 tows a 15k trailer pretty much every day for work.

Be happy that you don't have a 1994 3500. I think my weight fee was $265 or something stupid like that, with a total registration of like $380.

I can't complain too much, as my 1994 tows a 15k trailer pretty much every day for work.

Just got my 1999 dodge cummins weight fee $204 all together $288, I think last year it was about $160 total. This sucks.:busted:

$154 to license a 14 year old half ton? That's insanity!

Here in MN, I have a 94 1500, and my renewal is $42 all said and done....come to think of it, my 80 2500 is the same price.

My 1/2 ton was about $44, but they hit me with a $10 weight fee (Tacoma 4WD). Now my state legislature is contemplating a bill that would tax you based in displacement. Basically, 1899cc and under, no extra, then it goes up drastically every 1000cc after that. Example, 1900-2900 (which is still a small engine) extra $70, then there is 3.0-3.9 is $225 the over 6.o-7.9 liter is $400, over that is $600! Keep in mind, this was above and beyond your existing fees.

WA Senate Bill 6900 AKA SB6900 to see the actual bill.

$55 in TX for a 1998 f150

08 tundra registration was $500. California. I think it was close to $300 for the weight fee

I think I paid about $40 for my 86 1/2 ton, and $60 for my 94 3/4 ton with 16 ton plates on it.

Oh, and I always thought a 'fee' was just another word for 'tax', but what do I know.

I don't Understand, what is a weight fee? is it for insurance?

No, its a road tax, they figure road damage. Kicker is, they dinged me the same $10 for my Kawasaki KLR 650 dual sport! (hey, I know the KLR is a heavy pig, but...) The bigger trucks goes up much more. Andnow the possibility of the engine displacement fee/tax. We used to have real high fees/taxes on our vehicles. It was based on the value of the vehicle. My 98 Tacoma when new was $500ish and then an initiative dropped it to $30 for all vehicles. That was in 1999, went into affect in 2000 and they have been trying to punish us for that every year and trying to get it back other ways. It was I-695. Drive the tax and spend liberals nuts here!

Only when it comes to fat people's health coverage.:busted:

Pretty much, the idea is, the heavier the weight rating, the more tax is supposed to be paid.

Here's the really screwed up thing....you guys with half tons are paying $500+ for license, and my semi is licensed for 80,000 lbs and permitted to operate in all 48 contiguous states, and my costs are about $1800 per year.

My wife says we have the same thing here:rant:

Just another thing the greasy cyclist doesn't pay.... oops.. wrong thread.:busted:

08 tundra registration was $500. California. I think it was close to $300 for the weight fee

why so much for a 1/2 ton truck ???

when a 1 ton is $380 total. is it the year also that determines cost ??

where i'm at its $198 total for weight and reg. for my 3500 duelly :thinking:

'

sounds like cali. is getting the shaft :smirk:

Just got the card in the mail for my big trailer. 20 foot long, gooseneck hitch trailer, 17,500# gross weight.

Total fees: $10

Just got the card in the mail for my big trailer. 20 foot long, gooseneck hitch trailer, 17,500# gross weight.

Total fees: $10

My semi trailer's license plate cost $10, and that's a permanent plate, too.

But it's the power unit that pays the hefty taxes.

I just paid $171 for an 98 dodge 1/2 ton (extra 80 for weight!)

Welcome to CALLLIIIIEEEEFOOORNAAAA as Arnold says!

Here's the really screwed up thing....you guys with half tons are paying $500+ for license, and my semi is licensed for 80,000 lbs and permitted to operate in all 48 contiguous states, and my costs are about $1800 per year.

Taxpayer subsidies courtesy of the trucking lobby. :thinking::smirk: :smirk:

Taxpayer subsidies courtesy of the trucking lobby. :thinking::smirk: :smirk:

Nah, we're laying down some serious cash in road use taxes....in registration, fuel, road use and other "transportation related" taxes (some states make you pay a property tax on the value of the rig if you drive through the state on top of the fuel and mileage), I paid about $17k last year.

Nah, we're laying down some serious cash in road use taxes....in registration, fuel, road use and other "transportation related" taxes (some states make you pay a property tax on the value of the rig if you drive through the state on top of the fuel and mileage), I paid about $17k last year.

I was just tweaking you. What states make you pay property tax? That's about as dumb as making somebody pay property tax on their plane if they fly over.