First post is a sad one. Stolen TE250

I'm sorry for my first post to be a sad one but hear goes. My 06 TE250 was just stolen 2 hours ago from my house. I live in the Sacramento area so if any of you in the area see or here about a TE250 for sale without a title or perhaps selling for parts please let me know. The bike was disabled so that it will not run so if someone is selling a non runnng TE250 with no paperwork please let me know. I can be contacted through this forum, any and all help will be appreciated. I'm not looking for anyone to do anything the bike has been reported; I just for ayone to keep a look out. Thank you very much for any help that can be given.

Ian

I live here in sac and have been watching craigslist every day and ebay for dirt bikes... I'll let you know if I see something.. Sorry to hear of your loss... that such bullshit. I live in sac and a few months ago was one of those people you saw on the news that rented a house from a scammer that wasnt his home and was a foreclosure home. Such lowlifes around here.....

Hey thnx everyone. So far no word, I've contacted pretty much every Husky dealer in California and most all that do online parts ordering and stuff about this as I made it so that it doesn't run. So I figured whoever stole it will have to take it in or at least have to buy the part, which I think is not a common purchased one. So far everyone who I've contacted has been 100% on board so maybe we might get this one back. Once again I just want to thank everyone for your help. I'll keep posted on any updates.

Thank You

Ian

Sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you have everything covered with the not running issue. It will probably take some time for whoever has it, to figure out that they cant get it running and call a shop. Did you call all the other dealers in your area. They will probably take it somewhere close if they are kids. Is the reason its not running a deliberate one? Just wondering if they take it to a shop, the mechanic looking into it will find that someone deliberately made it not run. Something that the supposed owner bringing it in would know. Keep us posted. i always like to here people like that getting what is coming to them!

Mike

Sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you have everything covered with the not running issue. It will probably take some time for whoever has it, to figure out that they cant get it running and call a shop. Did you call all the other dealers in your area. They will probably take it somewhere close if they are kids. Is the reason its not running a deliberate one? Just wondering if they take it to a shop, the mechanic looking into it will find that someone deliberately made it not run. Something that the supposed owner bringing it in would know. Keep us posted. i always like to here people like that getting what is coming to them!

Mike

Yeah, I've contacted everbody local and even not so local and the not running is deliberate. I also let the dealers I contacted know what exactly to look for.

Thnx

Ian

In UK they are stolen by 'little shits' (Jakes) to be ridden on school fields illegally or broken for spares because they are so expensive.

Unfortunately I doubt you will see it again :busted: but if you knew how your pride and joy has been treated would you want it back? so I hope you get the insurance, hope you find who they are and )"**#~$"#$( !"*^<>|#@ __sea!!!

(oops I'm in trouble for this suggestion)! but I'm sure you understand.

Keep checking construction sites, ditches, behind trees.... close to home.

It could easily be something that warrants more attention than the normal "reported vehicle stolen" from parking lot, especially if it was stolen from a garage.

Man this blows...... I'm sorry again. I did make a bunch of flyers with a picture of the bike and a reward for information "leading to" and "no questions asked" and posted all over town. Nobody called but there was one place where the flyers were coming down everyday at a little store, we checked the video of the parking lot, but still no help. Something to try anyway. I never got over the nightmares of what those a..holes might have been doing to my beautiful new bike...... Good luck...

SA

I did and it resulted in me getting my bike back after 4 months. The dudes stole it from off my trailer in Alameda (it was there from 11pm to 5am staged to go to Clear Creek a couple years ago) and it was found 4 mos later with a worn out rear tire and purple paint (looked like a lakers version DRZ or something). Anyway the battery finally died and they just left it on the street in East Oakland. The police report matching the VIN was what got it back to me. Hope you have the same good luck.