D7 Hang Over Hare Scrambles Jan 3/4 2009

It's that time of the year again. D7 Hangover Hare Scrambles at Boyers Farm. Quads on Jan 3rd and Bikes on Jan 4th. See link for details http://www.mdcompriders.org/Upcoming.html

See you there.

It says there is a rain date....you think they would post this on their site if they cancel the race Sunday....

It says there is a rain date....you think they would post this on their site if they cancel the race Sunday....

Good question! So far it looks like sh*ty weather for Sunday. I will be there no matter what weekend it is though:thumbsup:

how was the race today? was it a good turnout?

Great race, no weather issues at all. Pretty small turn-out, maybe 100 or so?

It was above freezing when we got there at 10:45, and was in the 40's during the race.

It was SERIOUSLY slick in many places, with icy mud underneath the top soil or grass. Early in the first lap, I was cruising down what I thought was a fairly level, flat trail. I gave a little squirt of throttle, saw my rear wheel go by me, and then I highsided to the moon (OK, not quite).

I was dusting myself off, and some other guy is coming down the trail, and does the exact same thing in the same spot. Too funny.

It was great to be out mid-winter, and my new bike rocks!

Pete

Man that race was BR--utal. Fun as hell though. It was my first race in about 9mos and it let me know how out of race shape I was. Flypigs was not kidding about how slick it was. You would be out on the open stuff and all of a sudden sideways. Course was a great layout, hill climbs, nice downhills and some off-cambers with a 100yd mud, root, rut section I nicknamed the hotsauce butthole section. I can't wait to do the harescramble again in April and hopefully it will be dry.

SLICK!!! It was the first time racing my KX 2 stroke, I get the holeshot on my class (250c) and had a nice lead 10 minutes into the race. My rear end slides out on a slight off camber and I go down. Pick the bike up and have gear oil dumping out of the clutch cover...Race over:foul: When I went down the bike slid over a root and bent my brake lever putting a 1" hole in my clutch cover. 2.5 hour ride ,$20 for 2 adults to enter ,$38 for sign up to race 10 minutes!!! Oh well, spent some family time with the wife and kids and watched the race, cant wait for the next one!:thinking:

Hey do any of you know if they post pictures anywhere of the race?

I haven't saw any pictures posted anywhere but I'm sure that someone has some. I saw a good many cameras out there

AHHHHH....brings back memories of Antietam!

I thought the race was SPECTACULAR! I thought the course layout was exceptionally good for this time of year, but then I layed it all out. Don't expect anything that easy for the April Race. After a close inspection in the spring we will try to eliminate potential bottle-neck areas. Does anyone have an opinion on the long fast start? Thanks for showing up with questionable weather. Without your support we would have to discontinue harescrambles there. THANKS

Ken,

Welcome to TT, and thanks for all the hard work of running a HS. There are so many types of terrain on that property, you can set up tons of different races there.

I don't feel strongly about the long straight away at the beginning, but running some sort of curving grass track may help to keep some of the speeds down a bit.

Again, thanks, and I hope you get big appreciation from the riders. Any idea when results will be posted?

Pete

I thought the race was SPECTACULAR! I thought the course layout was exceptionally good for this time of year, but then I layed it all out. Don't expect anything that easy for the April Race. After a close inspection in the spring we will try to eliminate potential bottle-neck areas. Does anyone have an opinion on the long fast start? Thanks for showing up with questionable weather. Without your support we would have to discontinue harescrambles there. THANKS

i like the long start when the ground isnt frozen it help to split people up because not everone like to go wide up from to start. id like to see like 2 or 3 miles of grass track add to something like you ran last year in may. so i guess that would be about a 13-14 mile course would be pretty cool

Does anybody have a link to the results yet? MD Comp. Riders website still have last years.