is this a dumb question?

i recently bought an 09 xc 250 and i like to mess with things and see how they pull apart etc. but one thing that is giving me a struggle is the dam seat i cant seem to get it off. i know i know i sound like an idiot but please help me out Ive studied the Manuel and still cant seem to get it off any help is much appreciated

there is a bolt under the rear fender that holds it on

i recently bought an 09 xc 250 and i like to mess with things and see how they pull apart etc. but one thing that is giving me a struggle is the dam seat i cant seem to get it off. i know i know i sound like an idiot but please help me out Ive studied the Manuel and still cant seem to get it off any help is much appreciated

There's no such thing as "a dumb question". But if there was, I've already asked most of them! As for your question, I don't know. I'm sure someone will help you out though.

ya ive taken that bolt off and still the seat is on there as tight as can be

The seat has a depressed area around the rear bolt area that kind of holds it in place. It is just stuck. If you pull or bang on the seat with the bolt out it will come off. The rear of the seat needs to lift almost straight up first and then it can be pulled backwards to release the front part that kind of clips in. Try pushing the seat forward (or tapping it) and pull up at the same time.

ok ill be back gotta go try that out

got it thanks

You're not dumb. I had a hell of a time getting my rear fender off for the first time.

lol see i could get that off just the seat was giving me a hell of a time. love the bike tho

My bikes was used and abused when I got it it took me three days to get the rear axel nut off. I was convinced it was reverced threaded. The nut was just stuck REALLY bad.