my new (but old) 450

Picked up a never ridden 2006 and thanks to a good buddy got some cheap accessories that really made it sweet, its a 2006 with about 30 minutes break-in time on it! , one question though I have a PC linkage arm to install, is it a lengthy process to install this? Also, I have the older version PC ti-4pipe, is there anyway to get a different endcap design for this model exhaust?

photo.php?pid=30928289&l=f7a62&id=70804415

Wow that's so sick!!! Very factory looking! I have the same question about the PC link...? Those are 180 declas right? I have those on my 08 and they look trick!:busted::moon:

the PC linkage takes about 10 minutes to install. easy as pie. all you need is just 2-17mm end wrenches to take the old one off and then a tourqe wrench to put it back on. (you dont have to tourqe the bolts but it will just put less strain on the bearings if you do) just make sure and grease up the linkage when you put them in. and put the proper tourqe to the linkage bolts.

the PC linkage takes about 10 minutes to install. easy as pie. all you need is just 2-17mm end wrenches to take the old one off and then a tourqe wrench to put it back on. (you dont have to tourqe the bolts but it will just put less strain on the bearings if you do) just make sure and grease up the linkage when you put them in. and put the proper tourqe to the linkage bolts.

What did you use to hold the rear shock up? Anything big enough to fit?

Yes they are oneeighty, I picked them after seeing the pic of your bike actually, Justin, lol

I got a straight deal on this thing, 3300 bone stock brand new, then for 650 a friend sold me pro wheel green rims with oversized powdercoated yellow spokes and black pro wheel hubs, braking oversized front wave kit, braking rear wave rotor, full pc ti4 exhaust, pro circuit linkage arm, pc axle blocks, twin air filter, and some spare levers. A set of levers are getting powdercoated flat black right now for free, and i added black sidepanels with a green front # plate and oneeighty backgrounds, and a 80$ monster kit from ebay..seat cover is waiting on a professional, ive already been down that road before! hah

Yes they are oneeighty, I picked them after seeing the pic of your bike actually, Justin, lol

I got a straight deal on this thing, 3300 bone stock brand new, then for 650 a friend sold me pro wheel green rims with oversized powdercoated yellow spokes and black pro wheel hubs, braking oversized front wave kit, braking rear wave rotor, full pc ti4 exhaust, pro circuit linkage arm, pc axle blocks, twin air filter, and some spare levers. A set of levers are getting powdercoated flat black right now for free, and i added black sidepanels with a green front # plate and oneeighty backgrounds, and a 80$ monster kit from ebay..seat cover is waiting on a professional, ive already been down that road before! hah

Right on man :moon: Sounds like you got the hook up on this one:worthy: :busted:

Very Nice :busted:

Nice! Now go get it dirty! :busted:

Where did you find a NEW 06? $3300 is pretty damn good for new. See a lot of 06's for that price used.

Not feeling the yellow spokes but the rest looks real nice. When do you get to ride it?

The bike actually belonged to Roger Hayden (Nicky's brother). I bought it through another individual that he knows. Roger signed the front # plate, I took it off to save it....What kinda dough do u think that would bring on Ebay? :busted:

The wheels were actually custom made for Team VRM Arenacross rider Shawn Clark, they were on his 450 when he won the lites championship that year...they came with braking rotors that costed more than he charged me for the whole wheels, so i cant complain about the yeller spokes, hah

I have works conn. rad. braces and a hardline hour meter on order, any other essential suggestions?

heres a few more pics

before -

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30904779&l=84b14&id=70804415

after-

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30935715&l=aef9a&id=70804415

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30928290&l=2f9bf&id=70804415

A step seat. I got a gripper cover on a step seat and I still slide back when the 450 gets going. I'm not easy to slide.