rear fender upgrade?

Hello all,

Just got a DRZ400, 2001 dual sport model. I've seen rear fenders that are short and still hold the license plate. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Or is there modifications for the stock rear fender so it doesn't look so goofy?

Thanks...

Yes there are upgrades you can make to the rear fender. I just bought a '03 dr-z 400s and it came with a upgraded real taillight and signals, so i didnt have to buy one myself. The stock signals and taillight are total gay looking, if i were you i deff would upgrade.

They have tons of options you can upgrade to make the rear end look sleeker and more up to date. As to where the best place to buy a new rear fender kit i couldnt tell you. I would try ebay.

TT store is good and has or can get anything. Also might try Forrest at wheelingcyclesupply.com.

Actually, scroll down past the Edge2 in the link above and see the Edge tailight that is DRZ specific.

This allows you to take off the bulky/useless black fender extension and stock tailight and just leave the regular fender. I think some people even cut down the fender further, but I think it looks good with just the Edge tailight. The DRZ kit from Wheeling includes two brackets to hold your stock blinkers.

Make your own out of sheet aluminum or whatever you like. It is not very hard and is unique and rewarding! Here's what I did.

IMG_0006-6.jpg

Good luck and search around for other options. This one cost me about $30 total for all metal and lighting! I think the edge is too dim and not very visible to people behind you. Just my opinion though.

Hello all,

Just got a DRZ400, 2001 dual sport model. I've seen rear fenders that are short and still hold the license plate. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Or is there modifications for the stock rear fender so it doesn't look so goofy?

Thanks...

Hi hp, welcome.gif

I agree...

Here's my approach...

workbike003.jpg

workbike004.jpg

It's a shortened stock rear fender and subframe with an Edge1 LED taillight and 601 blinkers from Forrest at WheelingCycleSupply.com.

Looks cool and gets rid of a few pounds of dead weight, too.:busted:

That's a stock Suzuki rack and tool kit holder. I highly recommend it as it's very strong and doubles as a nifty grab handle to lift the rear of the bike.

Take Care,

Greg

Actually, scroll down past the Edge2 in the link above and see the Edge tailight that is DRZ specific.

Listen to what I mean, not what I say.

:busted::moon::p

Thanks for the correction.

Yep, this is the only mod that must be done immediately.

Thanks for all the input. I have some good ideas on what to do...