XR's Only Add-ons?

Here's your problem if you send them back. SHE WILL KNOW YOU DID IT. They will credit it back to her credit card. So you would have to tell her. If she's cool she will not care. The TT store can get you the Scotts sharkfin, the hammerhead case saver and a chain guide. Do a search for the cheapest on the web and they will match pricing. :busted:

I agree that the "XR's Only" name may be a little dated, and apparently the company thinks so too since their website seems to suggest a name change to "4-Strokes Only", but I wouldn't be ashamed or afraid to run something on my CRF that said XR's only. Al Baker and XR's Only are legendary when it comes to 4-stroke mods, desert and 4-stroke motocross.

In looking at those parts on the website- the sharkfin (if it has the integrated carrier) looks like an excellent part. I'd definitely run it.

The case saver is a pretty basic thing- not a whole lot of different design options or anything there. I'd run it.

The chain guide looks like a pretty good item. Very similar to others out there made by companies known for quality (BBR is one that comes to mind). Personally, I like the all-plastic design offered by TM Designworks, but this is probably an improvement over stock (in both quality and in looks).

At least its XR's only instead of WR or KLX's only.:busted: Did she notice it says that on it??? If not put them up on ebay or sell them to a buddy, I wouldnt let her find out about it though, then use the money to buy something different. Or tell her that they sent the wrong parts. I would probly go with the second one......

XRs Only is a quality shop. They installed (i.e. welded) my articulating light mount for my dual Baja Designs 8" HID setup. They also made a custom bracket for my fork mount since I was running aftermarket BRP Triple Clamps. Check out the photos:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=58287

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=59016

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=58283

They did a real nice job on that. By chance do they make something like that for a tow strap on the rear of the bike. It's a bitch towing back those KTM's without a good hook on the back. :busted:

I installed the parts today.

Chain guide is very nice. I really like it.

Shark fin is the cheap bolt on one (not the axle block)...we shall see how long it lasts, or should I return and add some cash to get the nicer one?

Case saver looks good...I reinstalled the plastic cover over it because I am scared to ride with no cover and my street boots.

ac

where do you get it?

what does it do for the bike?

You can get it from any motorcycle shop through parts unlimited and there are a few places online (perhaps the TT store?).

There are some arguments as to whether or not it improves engine performance, but the real reason I run it is to keep me from burning my leg :busted:. For those who wear free rider pants this will help keep the right pant leg from melting.

Also, for me it lasts about 20 hours before I have to re-wrap it. Bushes and sand kicked up from the front tire eventually wears a hole in it.

You can get it from any motorcycle shop through parts unlimited and there are a few places online (perhaps the TT store?).

There are some arguments as to whether or not it improves engine performance, but the real reason I run it is to keep me from burning my leg :busted:. For those who wear free rider pants this will help keep the right pant leg from melting.

Also, for me it lasts about 20 hours before I have to re-wrap it. Bushes and sand kicked up from the front tire eventually wears a hole in it.

how come you just dont run a heat guard on the header? I have never burnt myself or clothes on the header.

how come you just dont run a heat guard on the header? I have never burnt myself or clothes on the header.

I started using header wrap because I couldn't find an aftermarket guard to fit the WB header pipe. On my old 04 CRF450R I use to run an Eline guard for a KTM 525 on my Pro Circuit GP Low Boy header pipe cause it was the same bend.