what should i buy?

my grandmother gave me $800 for Christmas for having good marks. i was considering getting the fox f3 boots because they look nice and have a metal shank in the sole, which appeals to me in particular because i suffered a severe foot breakage last season. basically i am wondering if the f3 would be a good purchase and regardless of whether i get it i was wondering if i should save the money and get something else like a neck brace or an upgrade on my stock rmz450. any opinions would be appreciated.

I would get you suspension done. Its the best thing you can buy for your money.

also i am feeling guilty for always asking for help but not contributing anything worthwhile to the forums so here is a link to a sketchy drop that the robbie madison guy is practicing for, i thought it was pretty crazy http://motocross.transworld.net/2008/12/24/maddos-close-call/

John:

If you were my kid, I'd feel better if you spent the cash on good safety gear, unless there is a problem with your bike that needs fixing; but then I'm an old guy who has seen lotsa injuries over the years.

Have a very happy Christmas, and don't forget to give your Granny a great bigh hug!

justanotherider

I would get you suspension done. Its the best thing you can buy for your money.

i was thinking the same thing, i see a lot of people buying aftermarket exhaust systems but i can barely utilize the power of a 450 in stock condition so i was debating doing the suspension, where would i send it to get done? and what exactly do they do to it ?

John:

If you were my kid, I'd feel better if you spent the cash on good safety gear, unless there is a problem with your bike that needs fixing; but then I'm an old guy who has seen lotsa injuries over the years.

Have a very happy Christmas, and don't forget to give your Granny a great bigh hug!

justanotherider

you to my friend and thinking back to spending the summer in a cast really entices me into the boot direction also seeing paralized riders gives me the chills..

i was thinking the same thing, i see a lot of people buying aftermarket exhaust systems but i can barely utilize the power of a 450 in stock condition so i was debating doing the suspension, where would i send it to get done? and what exactly do they do to it ?

If it were me I would send it to factory connection. They will respring and revalve it to your weight, riding ability and how you feel you want the suspension. They will work with you until it is right. They have fast turn around times as well.

If it were me I would send it to factory connection. They will respring and revalve it to your weight, riding ability and how you feel you want the suspension. They will work with you until it is right. They have fast turn around times as well.

thanks for the tips i plan on doing that because i think i might be slightly heavier with all my gear on then what the stock suspension is designed for

800$ you should atleast be able to get the suspension and a new set of boots . personally my fox boots fell apart .

i know to many motorcross guys who walk like a gimp , personally a set of boots is the second biggest piece of safety gear for a motorcycle .

a neck brace is a good idea , i still dont have one . no one around here seems to have them , i guess some one has to start it .

800$ you should atleast be able to get the suspension and a new set of boots . personally my fox boots fell apart .

i know to many motorcross guys who walk like a gimp , personally a set of boots is the second biggest piece of safety gear for a motorcycle .

a neck brace is a good idea , i still dont have one . no one around here seems to have them , i guess some one has to start it .

yea i agree about how importint boots are, and i know you cant put a price on safety but those neck braces are so darn expensive, they would need to justify there pricing to me before i went ahead and dished out the bones for it

yea i agree about how importint boots are, and i know you cant put a price on safety but those neck braces are so darn expensive, they would need to justify there pricing to me before i went ahead and dished out the bones for it

Yea, but sadly it's one of those things that you don't realize how much you need it, until you need it. I went and dropped the money on a leatt brace (club) a few months ago, and my first crash with it on, I could feel it work.

That's not to say I would have been paralyzed if I didn't have it, I still would have been fine. But, I could actually feel it stop my helmet from going any further back, and it was kinda cool afterwards to know it actually worked. That, and a good pair or boots and you'll be set to go! :busted:

P.S. The adventure is out now for $200. A very nice alternative to the club model.

Get the Adventure brace and some economic boots.