Is this bike any good for FMX??

I have been thinking about getting fmx ,but there is only 1 problem.the bike i have now is a 2006 crf150f and it sucks(for fmx).i have found a 1996 rm125 for $400(but it is losing compression).If igot this bike and had it rebuilt what else would i have to do to make it good for fmx?

I dont ride fmx every day.I ride out in the streets,on my friends "track",cornfields,ect...i dont go to the track very often(changing next summer), butt i want to look like a bada*s when i rollup to the track and have a badas* looing bike(don't wory i can back all this up)

Sell it and buy a 250. :busted:

What past experience do you have on bikes? You might want to flick that 125 around for a while. Then advance to the 250. In my opinion cr 250's are the best bike there is for fmx

cr250, yz250, rm250, sx250 all make good fmx bikes. Since you are coming off a 150, my guess is you don't have a lot of experience with the very basics such as jumping. A 125 will work fine for learning. The only thing that might be of concern is age. The suspension might take some work to get it to do what you want it to do. I won't worry about cutting the seat or plastics, it's not necessary.

Do you know of any places with jumps where you can practice?

these are the bikes I have road rm25,yz125,kx250f,crf250r,yz250f the only size bike i havent rode is a 450f.i was also thinking about wonce i get the rx125 sell it or trade it for a cr250 ,butt i have to backup my other friend on his yz125

I already do tricks on my 150f on my friends scetchy as* track(it had a 20ft table top, butt now we have a double(15ft gap) i do nothings,nacs,and trying to do a superman.. there is only a hand full of places to ride and they are all race tracks and trails.butt me and a buddy are planning on building ramps in his back field(about 3-5 acers??)he rides a yz 125

where you at in illinois?

i live in berlin(about 20 miles west of springfield)the closes place near me is southfork

oh bc in indiana there is an fmx paradise its got a couple steel ramps and a mx and sx track. really cool

I already do tricks on my 150f on my friends scetchy as* track(it had a 20ft table top, butt now we have a double(15ft gap) i do nothings,nacs,and trying to do a superman.. there is only a hand full of places to ride and they are all race tracks and trails.butt me and a buddy are planning on building ramps in his back field(about 3-5 acers??)he rides a yz 125

not trying to bash, but how on earth do you pull those tricks off on a 20 foot jump. thats like a split second hangtime unless it shoots you up 50 feet which i doubt it does

idk..i guess im the man!??

a 150f is totally different than a closed course competition bike for jumping, youll learn that as soon as you get one..

not trying to bash, but how on earth do you pull those tricks off on a 20 foot jump. thats like a split second hangtime unless it shoots you up 50 feet which i doubt it does

hahaha very fast and often times sketchy. I still ride my 150f from time too time.

It takes practice dude. Iv bin there done that. When I had my cr80 I could do a nothing on like a 10ft table top and only get like3ft of air!

thanks man upps to you..(i love the avvy)

I rode a CR250 around on a lil track out here in AZ and it ripped and it handles so good in the Air and on the ground

It takes practice dude. Iv bin there done that. When I had my cr80 I could do a nothing on like a 10ft table top and only get like3ft of air!

I seriously doubt that

I seriously doubt that

Dude,screw off.

Dude,screw off.

i'm guessing it would have to pop you straight up, because if I think about it, I'm 6'4", and close to 9 feet tall with my arms extended. If I laid down on the floor with my arms extended and you jumped over me (lengthwise), how much air time do you need to do a proper nothing? Enough time to take both your hands and your feet off for at least a split second, bring them back, regain control, and land. I'm not talking like some half inch off the pegs and then bring them back in. I'm talking arms and legs extended. I could believe a normal 40' double you might be able to do that. I would be hard pressed to find a 10' jump that I could do that on. Think about what you're posting before you give advice

Ya it wasn't a full nothing.but It was like 3/4 nothing.