Price for a left over 08 530 EXC

I have a dealer near me that quoted me 8900 OTD. To me it seems kinda high. What did you guys pay for yours and what do you think would be a good price to ask for. If this economy I am guessing the dealer will be willing the budge..Thanks guys

I have a dealer near me that quoted me 8900 OTD. To me it seems kinda high. What did you guys pay for yours and what do you think would be a good price to ask for. If this economy I am guessing the dealer will be willing the budge..Thanks guys

That's way high! I paid $8400 here in Cali in March and prices out here are higher then everywhere else. You should be able to get them around the $7500 range now.

9300 for 09

9300 for 09

Yea I know they raised the prices trough the roof for 09, thats why I am wondering if they will budge on the 08 prices

That's way high! I paid $8400 here in Cali in March and prices out here are higher then everywhere else. You should be able to get them around the $7500 range now.

Is that what you paid after all the fees and taxes? He is selling me the bike for 7800, with teh taxes and fees it came to 8900

Is that what you paid after all the fees and taxes? He is selling me the bike for 7800, with teh taxes and fees it came to 8900

$8400 out the door with all fees. I got it from Thousand Oaks KTM. I of course had to talk them way down :busted:

that $8900 price is what they were going for a year ago... you should have some wiggle room in price as they are a year old now... also remember the 09 models have gone up in price, and are nearly the same bike... that may not help the "old model" pricing on the 08's...

I'd offer them $8K out the door... give them your number and tell them to call when they want to sell the bike... see what happens...

also to consider... if they are a good dealer it may be worth it to pay a little extra for their service... see if they'll throw in some of the mods to make that thing run right... jetting, re-gearing, smog removal (probably not but it's worth a try), maybe a free initial servicing... be creative and see what you can get...

usually the fees are about 10% including tax n license, so Im wondering why yours is more like 15%.

usually the fees are about 10% including tax n license, so Im wondering why yours is more like 15%.

I will try for 8k OTD...but I will pay 8400 but they will have to throw some stuff in

I will try for 8k OTD...but I will pay 8400 but they will have to throw some stuff in

Dealers can't sell bikes right now and that bike is a year old already. Offer less and play hard ball as the consumer right now we are in the drivers seat now :busted: I would go down to $7500 and tell them here is my number and walk out if they won't do it and tell them you have a deal at another dealer but you were trying to give them the business. That has worked for me on the past few bikes I have bought:thumbsup: I usually tell them I will pay an extra couple hundred over my offer price just so I don't have to drive to the other dealer that is out of my way.

Dealers can't sell bikes right now and that bike is a year old already. Offer less and play hard ball as the consumer right now we are in the drivers seat now :busted: I would go down to $7500 and tell them here is my number and walk out if they won't do it and tell them you have a deal at another dealer but you were trying to give them the business. That has worked for me on the past few bikes I have bought:thumbsup: I usually tell them I will pay an extra couple hundred over my offer price just so I don't have to drive to the other dealer that is out of my way.

Thats great advise. I am just worried since the 09 are almost the same bike that the 08 are wanted more since the 09s are 1k more. But your right I will play some hardball

get the hand guards, jet kit, something that you will need

Try 3 Brothers Racing in Temecula. I have heard that they had some great deals a couple of weeks ago.