need dune riding tips

i just got a new bike (sorry to everyone, but it's a cr250) and we are going to glamis in the morning. i've only ridden a quad in sand before. i know that the person who is taking me (my uncle) knows a lot about riding, but i just wanted to see what tips the TT community has for me.

thanks!

and yes, its 2:30 a.m.

i cant sleep :busted:

Lean back and keep it pinned:banana:

Lean back and keep it pinned:banana:

thats pretty much it, no matter what you do, keep the weight off of the front wheel, this includes turning, if you wanna turn, pin it.

Sand feels awful at low speed, but just gas it and you'll be fine. And definitely ride with your weight further back than normal. The first time I ever rode an mx bike was in the sand, I almost gave up after an hour of struggling...but quickly came around.

ive never been dunes riding but ive been on a deep sand track. dont steer with your front, steer with your back and weight, if you try and steer with your front youll probably fork it and probably get a mouth of sand.

be careful and have fun:thumbsup:

+1 to all the previous posts and just ride VERY aggressive.

I love the sand it makes you feel like your faster than you really are!!!!!! you can drive it into a berm harder. you can get/stay on the gas sooner,.......!!!! you'll love it. Like one has said before, stay aggressive!!! if you don't, you will hate it.

just be very sure to watch for others as the dunes can be very dangerous with all the stupid people running around. Always look before going over anything. It is better to go slower and be safe than be the fastest person who flys over a razorback and breaks their neck. Be careful out there.

try not to chop the throttle when going off the face of a jump or climbing a hill.

Hey I haven't been able to get on my phone until today but I just wanted got say thanks to all you guys for the advice!

P.s. The sand is awesome peopleare just starting to come for new years

Hey I haven't been able to get on my phone until today but I just wanted got say thanks to all you guys for the advice!

P.s. The sand is awesome peopleare just starting to come for new years