Tech 7's soaked-starting to smell-HELP

I went riding yesterday, and let me tell you guys,it was a wet one. My problem is my boots are completely soaked, and they are starting to smell. Anybody have any ideas to dry them out, and keep em' smellin fresh.

haha i cant really help but for christmas today my mom and dad got me this thing called a circulator. It's just 2 things you put in your shoe/boot and it dries them. Probably won't do anything about the smell though

Thanks for the idea.Ill check into them.:busted:

fabreeze!

Thats funny kiwi. I just gave them a big ol shot of febreeze, and i got my girls hairdryer dryin them off now. I think im going to get one of those boot dryer rack thingies.:busted: Thanks

Put a dryer fabric softener in each boot. I also keep them in my gear bag. They last quite awhile.

+1:thumbsup:

I just turn mine upsidedown suspeded between two boards and they seem to air out nicely.

dry your boots out with a fan pointed in them then stuff them with news paper.

I just turn mine upsidedown suspeded between two boards and they seem to air out nicely.

Thats what i usaully do, but this time they were drenched, and they weren't really drying out.I had to go under an interstate tunnel after days of raining, and it was about 3 foot deep:eek:it was fun though. Felt like i was on a jet-ski for a minute.:busted:

Peets boot dryer and Frabreeze. Also, don't put them in dark place with no circulation i.e.: gear bag. Also, if you have a gear bag, clean that sucker out too.

The Peets will set you back 40 bucks, but it's worth every penny.

Baking soda is an Awsome tool. It absorbs odor. I hand wash my helmet liner in a solution of soda, water and a little dish soap. It helps when leaving your dirty gear closed up in your gearbag for a week!

Baking soda is an Awsome tool. It absorbs odor.

Does your username have anything to do with your experience with baking soda as an odor absorber:lol: :busted:

The most important thing is you have to get them dry as quickly as possible. I'm assuming you don't have a boot drier, so you can take some time with a hair drier or put them upside down on a heater. Then you can use baking soda or what I've found works great is kitty litter in a stocking. Tie it off and put it in the boot when you aren't wearing it, it absorbs the otor and moisture. Arm and Hammer makes a kitty litter deotorizer with baking soda that works great.

Does your username have anything to do with your experience with baking soda as an odor absorber:lol: :busted:

No but that is definately something I should maybe consider!

yeah im good like that. my sister goes on random fabreeze rampages including my gearbag, helmet, and boots.

yeah im good like that. my sister goes on random fabreeze rampages including my gearbag, helmet, and boots.

:busted::moon:

When I played soccer as a kid, my mother would put my cleats in the freezer after rain games. Smell would be eliminated. Let them dry first, then try it. With cleats we used a large sandwich bag, but you might try saran (sp?) wrap with boots.

When boots smell it is most likely yeast/mold.

Really hot water with any Pine-Sol/Lysol/Bleach

solution is the only way to kill the spores/seeds.

1 hour will do it and the get really clean by the way.

The best cleaner I have ever found was jet skiing in the ocean.

That will clean anything. Go ahead and try it.

Do not mix these!!!!!!

I then put mine behind my wood stove.

My bud at work says he hears his wife spraying Fabreeze like crazy under the door of the bathroom while he's in there.