Tech 7's soaked-starting to smell-HELP

I just turn mine upsidedown suspeded between two boards and they seem to air out nicely.

Thats what i usaully do, but this time they were drenched, and they weren't really drying out.I had to go under an interstate tunnel after days of raining, and it was about 3 foot deep:eek:it was fun though. Felt like i was on a jet-ski for a minute.:busted:

The most important thing is you have to get them dry as quickly as possible. I'm assuming you don't have a boot drier, so you can take some time with a hair drier or put them upside down on a heater. Then you can use baking soda or what I've found works great is kitty litter in a stocking. Tie it off and put it in the boot when you aren't wearing it, it absorbs the otor and moisture. Arm and Hammer makes a kitty litter deotorizer with baking soda that works great.

• Like 1

When I played soccer as a kid, my mother would put my cleats in the freezer after rain games. Smell would be eliminated. Let them dry first, then try it. With cleats we used a large sandwich bag, but you might try saran (sp?) wrap with boots.

When boots smell it is most likely yeast/mold.

Really hot water with any Pine-Sol/Lysol/Bleach

solution is the only way to kill the spores/seeds.

1 hour will do it and the get really clean by the way.

The best cleaner I have ever found was jet skiing in the ocean.

That will clean anything. Go ahead and try it.

Do not mix these!!!!!!

I then put mine behind my wood stove.