Can I use K&N Filter Oil on foam filters?

I haven't tasted it, but it seems it would be pretty much the same stuff.:busted: Ya see, I already have the K&N Oil and Cleaner stuff, for another vehicle that has a K&N filter.

Is there a difference in the products, and, has this been done with good results? Tell me if you have done this or know of specific differences in the K&N Filter Oil and "regular" foam filter oil that would not make it effectively functional.

(I'm running Twin Air Foam on a WR450 and a Uni Foam KLR650)

Thx,

wabbit

I use the K&N kit to clean my filter's. The oil works fine. Just make sure its the tacky stuff.:busted:

Regular foam filter oil clings to the foam by having the thinning solvent evaporate shortly after you pour it out of the bottle, leaving a very sticky oil that stays put and won't run off the filter via gravity.

My favorite is Maxima FFT.

Whenever I've seen K&N air filter oil (made for the gauze-type fabric) used on typical foam dirt bike air filters, it eventually runs down to the bottom of the filter and onto the bottom of the airbox.

Whenever I've seen K&N air filter oil (made for the gauze-type fabric) used on typical foam dirt bike air filters, it eventually runs down to the bottom of the filter and onto the bottom of the airbox.

I haven't had a problem with it. I like it because its in the spray bottle. Never had any oil in my airbox. I always follow directions. Apply two even coats, massage the filter, and then let it sit overnight.

get yourself some pj1 spray oil and cleaner.