Broken dual carb bracket, quicik fixes?

The bracket that holds the dual carbs together is broken and is leaking from the lower fuel joint is there a way to fix this?

I was figuring using RTV sealant on both top and bottom fuel joint, then using a big hose/band clamp to loop around rear intake horns to squeeze together and keep tension preventing separation. or worst case use JB weld.

any suggestions, or has anyone had this problem?

Let me see a picture of what it looks like so I can know what it's made out of. If it's fuel tubing it may be brass/copper and could easily be sodered. By the sounds of it I would not suggest RTV. JB weld has it's place but most people are lead to believe that it works much better then it really does. It depends on the application.

The bracket that holds the dual carbs together is broken and is leaking from the lower fuel joint is there a way to fix this?

I was figuring using RTV sealant on both top and bottom fuel joint, then using a big hose/band clamp to loop around rear intake horns to squeeze together and keep tension preventing separation. or worst case use JB weld.

any suggestions, or has anyone had this problem?

There is an "O" ring there, if this is what it sounds like. Replace the "O" ring and find another bracket on EBAY or something similar.

i found that if u take a piece of 3/16 brake line, then bore out the plastic peice of fuel tube just enough with a 11/16 drill bit u can very snuggly fit the brake line inside the fuel tube. My peice was broken at the o riing. so i tapped the shunt into the fuel tube with a small amount of crazy glue, then after drying, i then added some more glue to the end of the broken peice, slid the broken peice (after boring) over the brake line down flush against the old fuel tube, then after drying put the o ring back on then reassembled. The brake lines stick out about a 1/4 past the end of the fuel tube. to add some strength i also bored out the other end and did the same thing. NO LEAKS.

As far as the broken bracket, it doesnt look like anything can be done to the carb, unless i had a mig or tig welder. the bracket is part of the carb, there is a screw that secures the two carbs together, one screw and bracket is located on the carb furtherest forward near the engine, and then one toward the rear of the carbs near the air box. Thats were mine is broken. I took a large hose clamp secured it around the outside of both float bowls snuggly in order to prevent the carbs from pulling apart when reinstalling. No leaks.

I have a pic of the lower fuel tube after installing the shunts, but i cant figure out how to put up the pic from my computer. If someone ca tell me how ill post it here.

Go here http://www.imagehosting.com/

Then copy the link it give you for forums. Make sure your picture is between 640X480 to 800X600 resolution size. :busted:

You said it was a broken tube and or bracket. I am kinda confused on what is broken here:confused:

Yes it was the bracket that broke first, but because the bracket broke, this caused the carbs to pivot on the front bracket screw when reinstalling carbs back on the bike. As the carbs pivoted this cause the fuel tube to snap off the end with the o ring, leaving the broken piece still inside the side of the carb.