'00 S part it out or sell whole?

DISCLAIMER: This is not a solicitation to sell or buy - I have an ad in the classifieds.

I never thought I'd sell it but I never thought I'd be in this position either. I need as much money as I can get as quickly as I can get it. I figure if want to just sell it whole, I'll have to give it away to move it quick ($1,500 or so?). But could I part it out and get that much or more? It's pretty much a stock S with an FCR, Scotts stabilizer and old/rusty Big Gun. I've got way too many spares and extras too.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for any suggestions.

Michael

I'm pretty sure you know the answer,,,,and as I do not want this to turn in to a wanted, sell thread... I'll start

More $$ but slower return by parting it out.

Mush less $$ and not a very fast sell (it's not prime bike selling time of the year and cash is tight for most in this economy, as well as Xmas) if you put it up whole.

please, everyone, answer his questions, give an opinion if ya want.

Keep it civil, and no offers, trades, for sale or wanted posts. Or the thread, like many before it will be removed.

Thanks

And Bahh humbug :busted:

You could Ebay the higher priced items first and should get the $$$ pretty quickly this way. Post what you are going to do and where you are going to sell the bike or parts.

Jbw

Bronco is right. It really depends on how fast you need the $$. I would think that parting it out would yield more dough but might take a little longer. I'm sure the FCR would go fast here in the classified ads. If you post an ad that you are parting out the whole bike, people here may email you with their needs...

You may want to consider listing on the dixie dualsport forum since you are in Florida. It is a great place to find guys in the area who specifically ride on and off road. I also ride a modified 2000 drz400s and I imagine that the street legality of the bike would warrant around a couple grand.

I would definately consider ebaying the stabilizer if it is relatively easy to take off. I see many second hand FCR's listed but not many stabilizers for the DRZ.

Bronco, thanks. I added the disclaimer because I too do not want this to turn into an "I'll offer you $ for X".

I just want to hear recent experiences from people buying and selling either a complete bike or parts and whether buyers are bottom feeding or you can still get a "fair" value for parts right now. Obviously I have the time right now to tear it down but would like to avoid that. Plus i'm still trying to come to grips with losing it - it'll be 8 years in January. I've been around here for a long time...

Bronco, thanks. I added the disclaimer because I too do not want this to turn into an "I'll offer you $ for X".

I just want to hear recent experiences from people buying and selling either a complete bike or parts and whether buyers are bottom feeding or you can still get a "fair" value for parts right now. Obviously I have the time right now to tear it down but would like to avoid that. Plus i'm still trying to come to grips with losing it - it'll be 8 years in January. I've been around here for a long time...

It's a shame it has to go, but thing's happen... I appreciate your reply...and yes, thats all i wanted to do. The "Whats it worth", /'what do ya think post" and questions are always welcome...