Best prices on tires?

Just checking around. I think i made my mind up on the Maxxis 6006's. If anyone has any last words on them that'd be great...but my main reason for this thread is to check in on what site is the best to buy from as far as prices? i found the 6006's for $68 in 130/80-18 and the 120/80-18 for $55. is it worth the extra $13 for the bigger size? whats the cheapest site to buy from?

Thanks a lot. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

I wouldn't decide on 130 over the 120 just on price. It depends on what you want the tire for. Bigger tire hooks up more, but takes more power to drive the tire.

Just order my tires from www.chaparral-racing.com I've ordered them from right here on Thumpertalk too in the past. Look around and check shipping prices too. I found mine cheaper elsewhere, but chaparral offered free shipping.

Good luck,

Guns

check your local shops. U might find them cheaper online but then you have to pay to get them mounted/balanced. Most shops u will get a discount or free monting/balancing.

check your local shops. U might find them cheaper online but then you have to pay to get them mounted/balanced. Most shops u will get a discount or free monting/balancing.

You're nutty having a dirt tire mounted & balanced. $20 worth of tire irons and they're on the rims, and if you put the marker dot over the valve hole you'll almost NEVER need to balance them. I've never, ever, balanced a dirt or DS tire nor needed to. Even if you do have a wobble from an out-of-balance tire, you can use dynabeads and all they require is you putting them in the tube.

If you've never mounted one, it's VERY easy as long as you use the right technique. Here's a great series of vids that show you how:

Do it just like he does, you'll be amazed how fast you can change 'em.

Oh, and I like the Maxxis 6006, good tire in the dirt. They wear pretty good, not bad in the mud (considering they're DOT tires), and have good road manners. Wear decent, but not great.

I've gone to the Shinko 244 for DOT tires cause they work about as good as anything else, and are super cheap.

I like using either TT or cycle gear for a local store, but sometimes have to stray elsewhere...

You're nutty having a dirt tire mounted & balanced. $20 worth of tire irons and they're on the rims, and if you put the marker dot over the valve hole you'll almost NEVER need to balance them. I've never, ever, balanced a dirt or DS tire nor needed to. Even if you do have a wobble from an out-of-balance tire, you can use dynabeads and all they require is you putting them in the tube.

Mouting them yourself is easy. However I always balance them myself except once. My first set of 606's the front had a bad wobble and I couldn't get it to stop so took it to the local stealer just for balancing...fixed....:moon:

Spin them multiple times marking the bottom, put wieghts on until you get random spots on the bottom....easy.....:busted:

thanks for the links to those vids :busted: