South Jersey

Does anyone ride in the xxxxxxxxx area? I just got back into riding after a number of years. I was happy to see most of the old places I ride are still there.

I've mostly been riding on the site of the old xxxxxxxxxxxxxx near xxxxxxxxxxx. Couldn't believe all those enduro trails are still there and parts of the motocross track. I was just down there and was talking to some kids who were riding there. They said it is all going to be torn down and they're going to build a cemetery there. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

JUst a word of caution Never I mean NEVER say where you ride on a message board the wrong people check sights like this all the time. Please keep it to you self.

That is amazing. I rode those trails and belonged to the track in the 1970s. It is hard to believe that land has not been developed. Have fun!

Arrows are still on the trees and everything! Trails look the same as they did in the 80's! having a blast.

Pretty much every county in South Jersey has ordinances against off road vehicles of any kind, having "fun" could cost you big time if you are caught. Just as Honda88 stated you should keep this type of information off of public forums.

Ok. I'm new to this site. Had no idea cops or whoever were searching these sites. How do I delete this thread then?

I was down there a couple of times on my CR but won't chance that anymore. I mostly ride my new dual sport. My understanding was that if you are riding a registered and insured bike that they can't impound you. They can only ticket you for trespassing. I don't know for sure if this is true or not but someone from a local dirt bike club told me that.

i don't see any options here to delete the thread.

Ok. I'm new to this site. Had no idea cops or whoever were searching these sites. How do I delete this thread then?

I was down there a couple of times on my CR but won't chance that anymore. I mostly ride my new dual sport. My understanding was that if you are riding a registered and insured bike that they can't impound you. They can only ticket you for trespassing. I don't know for sure if this is true or not but someone from a local dirt bike club told me that.

i don't see any options here to delete the thread.

Just edit your post and delete the locations. Be careful riding there, too. You will probably be in a situation where you have to decide to haul ass from the police, or possibly get a lot of fines and maybe worse.

Just edit your post and delete the locations. Be careful riding there, too. You will probably be in a situation where you have to decide to haul ass from the police, or possibly get a lot of fines and maybe worse.

Ok. I took the location out if this thread. Sorry to anyone who rides there. I didn't know these threads were monitored by the man.

I was just talking to the owner of a bike dealership here in SJ who is involved with all types of riding clubs. He said if you bike is legal (plated, registered, insured) you can pretty much ride anywhere and the only place they'll challenge you is land set aside for fish & game people. Then they'll just tell you to leave.

Ok. I took the location out if this thread. Sorry to anyone who rides there. I didn't know these threads were monitored by the man.

I was just talking to the owner of a bike dealership here in SJ who is involved with all types of riding clubs. He said if you bike is legal (plated, registered, insured) you can pretty much ride anywhere and the only place they'll challenge you is land set aside for fish & game people. Then they'll just tell you to leave.

You can get ticketed in Fish and Game! Depends on who you run into. Why chance it? If you are legal, there are plenty of other places to ride.

The cops aren't stupid and they don't need to monitor a message board to know what's going on in their town. Believe me, if there's a place to ride, the cops already know about it.

Just sayin.

Don't you all just love this great state of ours.. No where dirtbikes can legally ride and dual sports still get harassed when they are 100% in the right. So far, I only got questioned 3 times, but let go each time.

It depends on the cop. I've had cops just tell us to leave and another time was impounded for cutting through a street(and was only 17 at time). I'm actually selling my CR500 tomorrow. The only thing I'll ride now is a 100% legal dual sport. I think that is the way to go. I bought a new WR250R dual sport and put a lot of money into it uncorking the power and making other mods to make it run and look like a good dirt bike. it is an awesome bike now and totally legal. if you're state land they can't do anything to your if bike is legal. i heard if you're on private land they can't impound a registered vehicle, just ticket you for trespassing and tell you to leave. not 100% sure about that though. Anyone know the law about trespassing on private land with a registered/insured legal vehicle?

Also - i agree that the cops know about the place i mentioned. people have been riding there 30 years. i heard they are just starting to harass people but only during the week because construction is going on next door.

Dual sport bikes are the way to go in NJ. There are a lot of trails out there as long as you have a plate. Maybe in a couple of years the state will establish ORV areas.

Maybe in a couple of years the state will establish ORV areas.

Or make laws to make riding a street "legal" bike "illegal".....:moon:

This is NJ after all.....

BTW, don't get caught "off road".....you know, all those beautiful fire cuts and single track that wind through the woods..... on ANY State land, Fish and Game or State Forest. Your tag don't mean sh!t! All you can legally ride is the dirt roads.....not that that can't be fun mind you.

Oh, and all those gates that are up all summer long in Fish & Game........that means stay off the roads too.....

I can't wait to move out of this state........:busted:

Yeah cops suck. I just got arrested for Defiance Tresspassing. My buddies passed the cop and he saw me and I came up the hill and just hit him. They're just doing their job, but be careful. They come out in tight places and hide. Some will be cool and tell you to dip others will rape you. They gave me the option of giving up two of the riders and their location, but I kept my mouth shut.

What the dealers tell ya to sell a bike an what the police can do to ya are 2 different things.I wouldnt doubt if some of the police did the same things when they were kids.I swear if it wasnt for revenue between taking our bikes an letting developers build we wouldnt be in this nazi police like state situation.My advice is either go legal,take your bike an money out of state or buy something ya can use an no 1 can do a damn thing about like a street bike.THis isnt an answer I enjoy hearing at all from friends either so this is like last piece of advice.