K&L Tire Tamer?

My mom bought me a K&L tire tamer for christmas and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. It says you can lift the bead one-handed in one motion. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it.:busted:

http://www.tireexpress.com/prod.cfm/cid/6506/pid/12989

Never needed it to do that.

Practice is what you need.

yah this will be my first tire change and I wanted see if anyone knew how well it worked.

their really nice tool to have makes getting the tube in and out virtually hassel free

They work extremely well, made more for street bike tires but we have one at the shop we use all the time.

I have one...use it along with 2 standard spoons. It works great for breaking the bead and for holding the tire open when putting the tube back.

Also get yourself a tube puller like this: http://www.pitposse.com/airvalvepuller.html It really makes HD tube installation a breeze. Several of my riding buddies have seen how well both tools work that they went out and bought their own.

While you're changing tires, if the tube that's in the bike is a standard duty tube, replace it with a heavy duty tube.

And then practice, practice, practice. What starts out being a 30-45 minute job will soon become a 10-15 minute job.

That tool looks real handy, but I started putting the tube on at the same time as the tire, so no more bruised knuckles. If it will also break the bead, so much the better. Now a bead buddy, that thing is priceless.

Okay cool. So I will probably go get the spoons tomorrow and hopefully change the tires on saturday.

That tool looks real handy, but I started putting the tube on at the same time as the tire, so no more bruised knuckles. If it will also break the bead, so much the better. Now a bead buddy, that thing is priceless.
+1 On the bead buddy

can i get those at my local parts dealer or do I have to order those online?

can i get those at my local parts dealer or do I have to order those online?
I got mine at chaparral, but they are cheaper at Rockymountainatv, Tusk house brand. Also, I would recommend the spoons over tire irons, as spoons lessen the chance of ruining a tube.