wiring help...!!

alright my bike got hot wired by some 14 year old punk and now iam left with a mess of wires to sort through.. iam putting in a new dual sport kit but iam having a hard time figuring out which wires go to ignition and what not.. these are the wires that come stock for the ignition and kill.. if anyone would have a wiring diagram for a drz400e year 2000 it would be of great help to me. or any tips or tricks on finding whats what would be help also.

alright my bike got hot wired by some 14 year old punk and now iam left with a mess of wires to sort through.. iam putting in a new dual sport kit but iam having a hard time figuring out which wires go to ignition and what not.. these are the wires that come stock for the ignition and kill.. if anyone would have a wiring diagram for a drz400e year 2000 it would be of great help to me. or any tips or tricks on finding whats what would be help also.

Sounds like you already bought the DS kit but with a hacked up stock harness, I'd buy a full "S" or "SM" harness on eBay. I've seen them sell for as little as $20. Now you no longer have a hacked stock harness (with the potential for additional hidden damage) and you can convert your E using stock take-off parts.

This time of year, you've got time on your side.

Tipsy

that link does not work. it says the imagae no longer exist. and ya i should prob look into buying a new stock harness. but anymore wiring diagrams that ppl my have would be of great help so i can get cracking on this project right away.

A 2000 E only has 2 wires to the ignition switch: red ® and orange (O). Red is hot. Orange is activated by the ignition switch. O powers the CDI, head and tail lights.

Kill switch is 2 wires: black with a yellow trace (B/Y. and black with a white trace (B/W). The momentary kill push button connects the B/Y to the B/W to kill the engine. B/W is universal system ground. In stock configuration the kill switch is not interconnected with any other switches or interlocks. If you already have a dual sport kit, there are many possible variations.

ya the bike was already dual sported before i got my hands on it so figuring this out is going to be a pain... all i know is that the way it was set up before was that my headlights had to be on to allow the bike to start so i think the off poistion of the multifuction switch was the kill switch.... i looked at a couple of oem parts dealers and to get the wiring harness you have to buy the complete one which is over 100$. all i would need is the part at the beginning which would be nice if i could buy just that part

Yes, the Dual sport kit probably has a connection to the kill wire. (grounds the kill wire in the OFF position). If the B/Y wire is grounded it will not run. All you have to do is disconnect the B/Y wire. There is so little to the OEM harness, it should not be too hard to reconstruct. Sorry, I do not have an electronic file of the E harness.

Jp - I now have a wiring diagram. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send it.