Harbor Freight trailer, New manufacturer?

I just purchased an HF 4' by 8' folding trailer with 12" wheels. On the DMV paperwork it states the MAKE as Changzhou Nanxiashu. All others have stated that they were made by Long Chih. Anybody know anything about this? Will replacement parts be the same as the Long Chih trailers?

Thanks,

Jbw

I would not worry About replacement parts light, bearings, even a new tongue can be picked uo at a local auto parts supply, any other needs from a trailer supply ( El monte trailer ) by my work. whats important is if you are happywith what you got for the $$$

I have it assembled and now I am just waiting on the trailer hitch for my Honda Accord. From what I have read The trailer should be OK and for the $230 I spent I am happy with it. By the way the one thing many people have trouble with are the casters, but it seems to me that the kit has a different set of casters that look like they will actually hold up:thumbsup: .

Jbw

You will have to replace the casters. mine only held-on for maybe a 6' roll into the barn and one broke....

You will have to replace the casters. mine only held-on for maybe a 6' roll into the barn and one broke....

Same here!

I have one..works fine. The fenders are rusted tho pretty bad, other then that it did its job when I needed it too.

I just got it plated earlier today. The inspector did not even go behind the back of my car. But, I am serious the casters they do not seem like they are going to break. I have already rolled it over uneven ground without any problems. The funny thing is I read many reviews and in anticipation of caster problems I bought a set of heavy duty ones(I will install if one of the original ones fail). I will try to post a pic soon. tomorrow I am going to put on a sheet of plywood probably 3/4 cdx.

Here is a pic are these the casters that break easily, and that asphalt that you see is what it has been going over successfully.

caster.jpg

I have it assembled and now I am just waiting on the trailer hitch for my Honda Accord. From what I have read The trailer should be OK and for the $230 I spent I am happy with it. By the way the one thing many people have trouble with are the casters, but it seems to me that the kit has a different set of casters that look like they will actually hold up:thumbsup: .

Jbw

WOW! $230.00 thats a great deal! I was in HF this morning after work and they want $289.00 for the 4x8 with casters and the 8 inch wheels. Was yours on sale? They dont have one in stock but tried selling me a $499.00 trailer that doesnt fold and has the 12 inch wheels?:thinking: At that price I may get the 40X49 and put a rail on it and call it good.Ive seen some of those 40x49 with the moto channel and ramp on EBay. I will measure it first though. I havent decided but I am vigerously looking while trying to maintain a budget.

it was on sale in the store at 300(usually 330 or 350). And I had a 20 percent off coupon. oops i should have said $240

it was on sale in the store at 300(usually 330 or 350). And I had a 20 percent off coupon. oops i should have said $240

AWESOME! Nice timing on the 20% and sale. I started a thread on a 4x7 and if it is enough? I dont know how to link it to here but you should check it out,perferably what LEADDOGGY did to his 4x8 HF. He beefed that badboy out! Very nice job and it will haul his full dresser hog with no flexin the trailer.

Those casters are much improved over the ones that were on mine. The ones on mine looked like they were more suited for a t.v. stand.

Those casters are much improved over the ones that were on mine. The ones on mine looked like they were more suited for a t.v. stand.

Same as mine. Made of plastic....