amazing deal on a street plated 01 XR650R

Sounds like a awesome deal. I picked mine up for a grand 30 minutes form there, same thing. You just have to be careful because 85% of guys on CL are wheel and dealers not saying that this guy is but who knows. They usually conveniently "forget to mention" things that are wrong with it until you get there. I just talked to the guy and he said he is away for the holidays and won't be back for at least 10 days, so don't worry about it going anywhere. I would probably go look at it myself but if I get a second bike it would probably be a CR500. :busted::moon:

They usually conveniently "forget to mention" things that are wrong with it until you get there.

Like the headlight plastic on that bike apparently being stitched together with what looks like staples or wire.

The description also consists of only one incomplete sentence with two misspelled words and an incorrect symbol in the phone number.....

Like the headlight plastic on that bike apparently being stitched together with what looks like staples or wire.

The description also consists of only one incomplete sentence with two misspelled words and an incorrect symbol in the phone number.....

I thought I was just being anal by noticing the same things...lol. Still, those are pretty bullet proof bikes. Just because someone isn't good with grammar doesn't mean they aren't mechanically inclined enough to take good care of a machine. I wish I wasn't so far, this bike could be a nice upgrade from my "L". :busted:

I was trying to make the subtle point that someone who is so careless with the description probably doesn't care much about selling the bike. That carelessness could also extend as far as overall treatment of the bike.

If it was a thorough description with poor grammar, I would have more confidence in the quality of the bike. "Grat shap" says nothing of the broken plastic nor any other potentially broken parts.

Couldn't agree more.

I was trying to make the subtle point that someone who is so careless with the description probably doesn't care much about selling the bike. That carelessness could also extend as far as overall treatment of the bike.

If it was a thorough description with poor grammar, I would have more confidence in the quality of the bike. "Grat shap" says nothing of the broken plastic nor any other potentially broken parts.

It's been flagged? Was that someone on here?

It's been flagged? Was that someone on here?

From what I understand it takes at least 2 people to flag. When I called him the number worked and the guy told me more about it so I don't think it's fake. Maybe someone saw it, wanted to buy it and did not want anyone else to get it so they flaged it? Who knows, CL ppl are sketchy at best. :busted:

Anyone figure out what "2001wwwwwmmmmXR650wwmmm" means? Is that like the sound that it makes or somethin? :moon::p

Maybe it was hot? If you look it appears the front of the front fender was spray painted and if you look at the stiching in the lights plastic it does not appear to be really damaged. Maybe they did stuff to change the appearance a bit?