Conversion

hello all,

Wondering if anyone has put a 125 motor into a 250 frame? I have a '06 KX250

scared the crap out of myself on the track, don't need all the power. So just wanted to know if anyone has done this or heard anyone doing it.

thanks,

steve

It would fit right in with minimal work. The front down tubes are slightly different to accomodate the larger 250 engine, the front engine mounts and head stay are different, and the pipe mounts are different. Other than that the 125 frame and 250 frame are identical.

Putting the 125 engine in would be less work than installing a KDX200 engine, and several members here have done that swap.

But why not just sell the 250 and get a 125?

Or get some more seat time and learn to ride the 250?

It would fit right in with minimal work. The front down tubes are slightly different to accomodate the larger 250 engine, the front engine mounts and head stay are different, and the pipe mounts are different. Other than that the 125 frame and 250 frame are identical.

Putting the 125 engine in would be less work than installing a KDX200 engine, and several members here have done that swap.

But why not just sell the 250 and get a 125?

Or get some more seat time and learn to ride the 250?

thanks for the info Chokey,

I was just curious to see if it was possible. Haven't had much time on the 250 since putting on the works pipe, damn thing has bottom end now:eek: