crf250r clutch in a crf250x

I was hoping to get a rekluse clutch and found a good deal on a 250r one and was wondering if it would work in my 250x. The clutch is for the 06 r and I have an 06x. Any help is great. Thanks:)

i found out the hard way i orderd a clutch basket off e bay for my 04 250x

and the jerk sent me 1 for a 250r

the gears on the back side are diff size's

now he wont answet any e mails

GOOD LUCK AND MARRY X MASS.................:busted:

So a rekluse 250r kit wouldn't work right? Sorry to hear about that jerk on ebay. I hate people like that. What comes around goes around so hopefully he can recieve a little :moon: to his head!!:busted:

Merry christmas to all and all good night!

I was hoping to get a rekluse clutch and found a good deal on a 250r one and was wondering if it would work in my 250x. The clutch is for the 06 r and I have an 06x. Any help is great. Thanks:)

Call or email rekluse. I'm thinking it should work as you use the stock basket.

Dunno, they are 2 different part numbers in the Rekluse catalog. The r and x are completely different bottom ends and at least nothing in the trannys interchange. (The top ends will swap.)

Yep, it works. I did it. Call Rekluse, they'll sell you a kit to swap the R to an X. If I remember it's about $35.00 It's basically just some of the steel balls that are a different weight. By the way. Rekluse has awesome customer service and really fast shipping

Yep, it works. I did it. Call Rekluse, they'll sell you a kit to swap the R to an X. If I remember it's about $35.00 It's basically just some of the steel balls that are a different weight. By the way. Rekluse has awesome customer service and really fast shipping

Do you have the part #? Thanks.

The X kit might also provide an extra clutch plate to replace the judder spring on the X. Since calibration is tunable I'd think both kits would come with the same balls and springs.

the R kit come with 5 more tungston balls (5 less steel balls) than the X. According to Rekluse that is the only difference.