Upper Shock Bearing

How do I go about changing the upper shock bearing? I have never done this before and my manual isn't very descriptive. I guess people are already expected to know how to do this, unfortunately I am unsure and any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much. It is a 2001 cr 250 if it matters.

Take out the shock. There is a little C-clip holding the bearing in on one side which you probably won't be able to see. Rig up your threaded rod/washer or whatever you're using and push the bearing to one side (away from the C-clip) so you can get the c-clip out. Once you get the c-clip out then you push the bearing out the opposite way that you pushed it first and it'll come out. I know this sounds weird but once you start it you'll know what I"m talking about.

Take out the shock. There is a little C-clip holding the bearing in on one side which you probably won't be able to see. Rig up your threaded rod/washer or whatever you're using and push the bearing to one side (away from the C-clip) so you can get the c-clip out. Once you get the c-clip out then you push the bearing out the opposite way that you pushed it first and it'll come out. I know this sounds weird but once you start it you'll know what I"m talking about.

keep in mind that clip is one pita to remove......you'll need two sharp pointed tools (like dental picks) one to get under the wire and one to stop it from spinning. like tod says make sure to push it away from the clip first. a little heat from a heat gun (or propane torch) to expand the aluminum(try not to heat the bearing itself,and don't heat past the point you can't touch it) makes it easier.:busted:

A socket works really well. It pushes on the outside of the bearing and doesn't hurt the ball part.

We were servicing mine when we damaged it:O Lucky you are replacing yours! I should have come to ask for help. You may even want an extra hand, 4 hands help in this situation, and even more so if you heat it up

Ride Safe