AMA Rule: 94db

Ok, so I have heard tons about the new sound limit. I know that it's for sure in Pro Racing. But does that apply to AMA Amateur level racing, such as the Loretta Qualifiers and the Loretta Lynns National?

Thanks Everyone

as far as I know that doesnt take effect for amatuer riders until 2010. although i could be totally wrong.

This is from the amateur rulebook:thumbsup:

Effective with the 2010 competition season machines entered in motocross, open and cross country type events may not exceed 96db

ok, thanks guys

:busted: The current $T are not even close! I have two dB meters and have metered several different makes and models including all 2Tand $T and the $T are not even close. wow. Cutting the sound pressure level of a 450 all the way down to 96dB will really kill the power. The 250 and 125's I metered were already there.

Does anyone know what distance and angle from pipe the measurments will be taken?

do they actually check every bike or do they take the teams word on the dB level?

:busted: The current $T are not even close! I have two dB meters and have metered several different makes and models including all 2Tand $T and the $T are not even close. wow. Cutting the sound pressure level of a 450 all the way down to 96dB will really kill the power. The 250 and 125's I metered were already there.

Does anyone know what distance and angle from pipe the measurments will be taken?

that's a pretty clever coincidence that 4 and $ are on the same key...

that's only a reason not to ride a 450 lol...

they should actually TRY to cut the sound down though...

that's a pretty clever coincidence that 4 and $ are on the same key...

that's only a reason not to ride a 450 lol...

they should actually TRY to cut the sound down though...

I have been pressing the $ key on accident for months now.

I am sure the AMA will, in all its shadyness, choose the proper "weighting" of the meter so as to not register the lower frequencies. This will allow the $T to be loud and not meter as such. I bet they will never release which meter or weighting they use. There is no way the Honda and the likes will let them use straight full frequency input.

Whats odd is that for D-37 desert races all bikes, 2S and 4$, must pass 96db or they don't get to race. They have been doing it for at least the last 3 years. About time the rest of the world caught up. :busted:

Whats odd is that for D-37 desert races all bikes, 2S and 4$, must pass 96db or they don't get to race. They have been doing it for at least the last 3 years. About time the rest of the world caught up. :busted:

Are there any stock $T bikes passing or do they have to install an aftermarket silencer?

Are there any stock $T bikes passing or do they have to install an aftermarket silencer?

Can't say for sure. I know all of the 2S have to have a spark arrestor so they all pass easily. The 4$ I have seen that have problems with sound test all seem to have aftermarket pipes and silencers. I suspect that stock would most likely pass.

i thought you were putting "$" cuz you were implying that 4 strokes were expensive...:busted:

honda will work it's way into the rulebooks and change some more stuff so they can keep racing...

Around here it is like 21" at a 45 deg angle. There is a specific rpm for each bike that it is tested at.

my smoker didn't pass with the Pro Ckt pipe it had on it when I bought it. Had to put a better silencer on it. My stock Honda passes. (easily)

(Our road racing series allows a LOT higher noise level. (102db at 50' from the centerline. C weight/Fast Response) Motards and a certain 1000 riden by 1 rider don't pass.

i thought you were putting "$" cuz you were implying that 4 strokes were expensive...:busted:

honda will work it's way into the rulebooks and change some more stuff so they can keep racing...

I was. "accident" was being sarcastic. $T $T $T!!! hahaa.

Check this out for FIM 2010. 2 meter max rule. Max RPM readings. wow.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=243F15A007AD4EEDA292C213A2D50649

Remember Loud Pipes Save Lives.. Opps Wrong Forum :busted:

The new 94dB rule will be tested using FIM rules.

So 94dB tested using the FIM procedure really isn't much more quiet than a bike that is 99dB using the testing procedure the AMA does now.

Isn't this one of the mosty abused rules already? I thought most teams were stuffing their pipes just for testing, then removing the stuffing right before the race?

I thought I read somewhere where db Meters will be set up trackside to monitor level during the race. It wouldn't be too hard to rig up a camara with db levels on screen and link it with the a transponder too... You would know excactally who the person that exceeded the max was.