2 stroke or 4 stroke??

so my plan is to get a new bike come spring, hopefully get a new 2008 thats sitting on the showroom floor still to save a few bucks. ive riden a 2 stroke since i was little. its all i know, do alot of trails and some racing. so do i get a 2008 yz 250, a 2008 crf450 or the new 09 crf450? i mean the 2stroke is cheaper, easier to work on, etc etc etc. but there is the 4stroke, i mean how do u decide, any input would be great.

2 stroke. They are easy to work on, cheaper to maintain, faster, lighter, and sound better.

I'd stick with a Two-Stroke.

2 stroke. They are easy to work on, cheaper to maintain, faster, lighter, and sound better.

Faster? lol

If you're gonna go 450 definitely get the 09 over the 08, major changes. If you're going 2-smoke obviously the YZ 250 is the place to be. Depends what class you want to race and how competitive you wanna be!

get an 08 kx65 and own at the track!:busted:

i want one, but i cant get one :moon:

i can't believe they went out of style that fast

i like em both, personally, i like to switch it up every now and then, and so does my four stroke ridin buddies. i like how working on 2 strokes is easier, but i really like going out in the woods with a 4 stroke, hillclimbs are a breeze, but still fun.

and its nice to be able to lug around in the woods, but have instant hit whenever you want it.

i like 2 strokes at the track, i like holding em wide open and hearing it scream, and that hit that just comes out of nowhere is alot of fun.

a 2 stroke in the woods is ok, but its not for someone who wants to just ride and enjoy the scenery like i do sometimes.

a four stroke at the track? oh yeah, i love the increased traction, and bottom end hit, so in the tight turns you dont have to try and maintain momentum, it doesnt matter.

so basically, i would love to have both, i had a 2 stroke, but my next bike will probably be a four stroke, just for something different.

its your choice, only you know your personal preference, ride both and see how you like em.

i can't believe they went out of style that fast

4 strokes? 2 stokes? flatbillers? What went out of style?

Two Strokes are whats up!

Depends on what you want out of your bike. For myself, I ride for fun. To me, two-strokes are more fun, so I ride two-strokes. Your tastes may be different.

You aren't going to get any good advice here. All the die-hard two-strokers will say two-stroke. The four-stroke riders will say four-stroke. The best thing is to ride both and see what you like.