Putting the "SE" in DR200se.

Here's a pic of my wifes 2007 DR200se. We bought it for her a couple of months ago for her to learn how to ride, but now that it is winter time it is put up 'till spring.

It was originally a blue bike, while my wife likes it a lot, after a while she let me know that BLUE was a BOYS color, so I changed this up for her and surprised her for Christmas. From her reaction, I think she likes it :busted:.

P1000779.jpg

P1000780.jpg

Good job :busted: The bike looks awesome in black, a woman that rides occasionally with us has a yellow '07 model. For some reason the black looks more "substantial".

Looks really nice! I like the trimwork on the tank, too. Hmm.. My wife might like something like that, but she just got Distinza's, Pro-Tapers, Risers, and Moose handguards for her XT for X-mas... How do you two like that 200Se overall?

Very nice! gotta love black!

I'd like to get one for my chick too. what's it like, a lot of fun but underpowered?

Thanks everyone.

It's a perfect beginner bike. Low weight and seat height. And yes it is under-powered. I suspect after my wife gets used to it I will rejet the carb, open up the airbox and exhaust to wake up the motor a little bit.

Edit: I noticed in the pictures that it looks like there are white marks or scratches in the tank, but that is an illusion, it is a reflection. The paint is so deep and rich it looks like you could but your finger right into it, like a water puddle. It was of course painted by a professional.

Beautiful job Pat. :busted:

The grey frames will go with just about any color too.

What type of paint did you use on the plastics?

Beautiful job Pat. :busted:

The grey frames will go with just about any color too.

grey flames?

grey flames?
Yeah, the frame is grey (silver) as compared to the older DR frames that were either blue or yellow.
Yeah, the frame is grey (silver) as compared to the older DR frames that were either blue or yellow.

I need to get my eyes checked!

I thought you said grey flames! I was looking at the artwork on the tank & I didn't see any grey flames.

NEVERMIND! :busted:

I need to get my eyes checked!

I thought you said grey flames! I was looking at the artwork on the tank & I didn't see any grey flames.

NEVERMIND! :moon:

Me too.... I didn't even notice that you wrote flames, I read it as frames :busted::p

Actually we didn't paint the plastic, just the tank. From the factory I think you can get blue, yellow or black (2008, 09 are black). So I bought new plastic.

PS: anyone want to buy a complete set of blue plastic? Like new, no scratches or scuffs, Just send me a PM :-)

I had a friend with an '04 200se and what you mentioned (airbox, intake, exhaust, jetting) really made a HUGE difference in the bike, especially in it's ability to hop on the freeway and get up to speed at a point where it doesn't get squished. They felt like it was much smoother (no EPA dips) and frankly even though they were a newer rider, they found it easier as it was more predictable with a steady curve.

If you can swing the mods along with the nifty new paintwork she will not have need for anything new for some time to come! :busted: