Putting the "SE" in DR200se.

Here's a pic of my wifes 2007 DR200se. We bought it for her a couple of months ago for her to learn how to ride, but now that it is winter time it is put up 'till spring.

It was originally a blue bike, while my wife likes it a lot, after a while she let me know that BLUE was a BOYS color, so I changed this up for her and surprised her for Christmas. From her reaction, I think she likes it :busted:.

P1000779.jpg

P1000780.jpg

Thanks everyone.

It's a perfect beginner bike. Low weight and seat height. And yes it is under-powered. I suspect after my wife gets used to it I will rejet the carb, open up the airbox and exhaust to wake up the motor a little bit.

Edit: I noticed in the pictures that it looks like there are white marks or scratches in the tank, but that is an illusion, it is a reflection. The paint is so deep and rich it looks like you could but your finger right into it, like a water puddle. It was of course painted by a professional.

Yeah, the frame is grey (silver) as compared to the older DR frames that were either blue or yellow.

I need to get my eyes checked!

I thought you said grey flames! I was looking at the artwork on the tank & I didn't see any grey flames.

NEVERMIND! :busted:

What type of paint did you use on the plastics?

Actually we didn't paint the plastic, just the tank. From the factory I think you can get blue, yellow or black (2008, 09 are black). So I bought new plastic.

PS: anyone want to buy a complete set of blue plastic? Like new, no scratches or scuffs, Just send me a PM :-)

I had a friend with an '04 200se and what you mentioned (airbox, intake, exhaust, jetting) really made a HUGE difference in the bike, especially in it's ability to hop on the freeway and get up to speed at a point where it doesn't get squished. They felt like it was much smoother (no EPA dips) and frankly even though they were a newer rider, they found it easier as it was more predictable with a steady curve.

If you can swing the mods along with the nifty new paintwork she will not have need for anything new for some time to come! :busted: