Why MCCT?

Do you guys have problems with your tensioners? It seems as if guys are buying MCCTs for fairly new bikes out there as one of the first mods. Is there some bad ACCTs on the bikes/cam chains too tight or something. It just seems as theres better ways to spend your money on mods, like case protection, bark busters, a handlebar that wont taco on your first crash....just my thoughts:ride:

stop advanced cam chain wear lets all fit MCCT asap ... the design of the standard unit causes issues due to spring loaded tension .

All good ideas, but an MCCT is not expensive and will add to the life of your engine. Do a search. There is lots of info here on the hows and whys of the MCCT. Try FAQ pinned at the top of this forum.

The ACCT is spring loaded but only in the tight axis, so if the chain stretches it takes up the slack, it ratchets so it wont let out the tension. It would seem that an MCCT would be more dangerous, if not kept up with...not trying to play devils advocate here, but the gang I ride with all punish their DRZs for thousands of miles with no problems with advancing cam wear. ASAP sounds pretty critical

thanks, Ill check it out. Ive got one on my GasGas but thats because it snapped my chain.

OK guess I could have just looked in there...my bad:bonk:

a chain does not stretch ... it is actually wear that makes the chain appear longer . the idea is to set the MCCT correctly and forget , once you understand the '' set up '' procedure ..... asap means any issues need to be addressed if you understand the problem in comparison to the cost to remedy the issue . you savvy ???

Im tracking

Do you guys have problems with your tensioners? It seems as if guys are buying MCCTs for fairly new bikes out there as one of the first mods. Is there some bad ACCTs on the bikes/cam chains too tight or something. It just seems as theres better ways to spend your money on mods, like case protection, bark busters, a handlebar that wont taco on your first crash....just my thoughts:ride:

Great question :busted: Have a look at the FAQ area for that answer and a bunch more :moon: