spring rates for a 09 rmz 250

hi guys im thinking about respringing my rmz as i do singletracks and enduro loops and right now the bike is too difficult to keep in line when it hits roots or rocks.

im 5´5" and weigh 65 kilos (143 pounds) and i race expert 30 here at my local club.

i know that the stock springs are 0.44 on the forks and 5.4 i also feel the rear end of the bike is stiffer than the front.

I just did one for a pro, and have on in for an intermediate right now.

The front has a dual stage base....I don't like it.

The rear is not too bad, IMHO, but I feel you need to add at least 2 face shims to the rebound, probably 3 for you, maybe clamp one larger on the rebound too.

I don't think you need a spring change, geared up you probably weight 155-160.....and those rate should work for you.

harris can you post the std stacks or are they the same as the 08?

hi guys im thinking about respringing my rmz as i do singletracks and enduro loops and right now the bike is too difficult to keep in line when it hits roots or rocks.

im 5´5" and weigh 65 kilos (143 pounds) and i race expert 30 here at my local club.

i know that the stock springs are 0.44 on the forks and 5.4 i also feel the rear end of the bike is stiffer than the front.

For the forks I would try softer ICS springs for your light weight. Or .42 main springs. The shock spring is too stiff, go with a 5.0 trails or MX.

This would be just for a start, of course a revalve along with the proper springs would be the best way to go as the RMZ has issues with its STD valving.

The front has a dual stage base....I don't like it.

For offroad/trails a 2 stage stack has its place IMO. The main fork problem the RMZ has are those thick .15 shims that taper down on the base stack. Along with too few LS face shims and a crossover that leads to a dive and mid stroke harshness. The 2 stage can work but not the way Suzuki valved it.

The shock needs more rebound control for MX, but for his light weight and softer spring installed and in the trails, its passable.

cool as i have the .42 springs laying around from my previous bike and now i just have to get a 5.0 shock spring. did any hond have a 5.0 spring in the recent years?

For offroad/trails a 2 stage stack has its place IMO. The main fork problem the RMZ has are those thick .15 shims that taper down on the base stack. Along with too few LS face shims and a crossover that leads to a dive and mid stroke harshness. The 2 stage can work but not the way Suzuki valved it.

The shock needs more rebound control for MX, but for his light weight and softer spring installed and in the trails, its passable.

ooops. skipped the trails part.