fair price for very clean 03

My friend told me of a very clean 450 with very low hours.. what would be a fair price...and are there any problems with this year bike? also it has excel rims and I know for a fact that it was only rode on trails...

all second hand bikes are gonna be a mystery bag when you get them.

from what i have heard many people rate the 03 as one of the best made with a few people saying they would prefer an 03 over and 05-07.

if its a good price and there a receipts to prove any engine/valve work etc id say go for it man and enjoy

My friend told me of a very clean 450 with very low hours.. what would be a fair price...and are there any problems with this year bike? also it has excel rims and I know for a fact that it was only rode on trails...

Price, in my experience, is regional so I can't help you there other than referring you to KBB.com

Pretty trouble free from my standpoint. Keep on top of maintenance especially oil, oil filter and air filter. You will see some post regarding valve trouble for these, but my 03 clearances haven't budged yet.

I love this bike!

A perfect '03 is worth $1,700.

'04 2,200

'05 2,500

'06 2,800

'07's are going for $3,200, and

'08's are selling for under $4,000 now. It's a tough economy, after Christmas, and it's winter.

I just passed on an '08 YZ 450F for $3,100 because it was a little rough.

in tx a 07 crf450 clean is about 4300-4500

If you like the bike and think the price is fair then go for it!

'04 2,200

'05 2,500

'06 2,800

'08's are selling for under $4,000 now. It's a tough economy, after Christmas, and it's winter.

find ME a perfect 03 for that:thumbsup:

'04 2,200

'05 2,500

'06 2,800

Dang, I'll have to keep this in mind for when I decide to sell my bikes (which I'll sell here in AZ since they are going for about $1k more for each year he has listed for CO:banana: )

I love my '03 though, it has been trouble free..I've owned it for 5 years now

in tx a 07 crf450 clean is about 4300-4500

I'll send you my 20hr 07 and you can have a couple Cs if you get 4500 for it. That's a very fair price for a very clean machine.

bought this 03 a few weeks ago for 2k Picture5435.jpg

^^ very good deal, thats a nice bike.

so 1700-2000.... thats what i was thinking of offering... My friend knows the guy... The guy had a stroke and the bike has not been rode much because the guy could not shift anymore...I think he put black excel rims and a full ti exhaust on along with a hot wheels graffix kit on..

Personally, I think that your '03 plastic and graphics look better than those found on the '09 model CRF450R.

That bike still has the original Sunstar rear sprocket and the clutch cover has very little wear on the paint. Looks like a 10 hour bike. I'd say you got a great deal on that bike.

thanks guys, i do love the bike. i got it to match my 03 250 Picture5326.jpg

Personally, I think that your '03 plastic and graphics look better than those found on the '09 model CRF450R.

I totally agree. I think 03 are the nicest of them all.

and RKs 03s that are posted in this thread are beautiful. immaculate condition for 03s.

I sold a perfect cond. 03' CRF450R for $3000 last month. It took me 5 months to sale, but the bike had thousands of dollars in upgrades, and just as clean as a new bike.

You will love it, just be good to her and make sure you get your valves check every 6 months. I have had my 03 for a few years and as long as you keep her prepped she is a rocket ship.

Dang, I'll have to keep this in mind for when I decide to sell my bikes (which I'll sell here in AZ since they are going for about $1k more for each year he has listed for CO:banana: )

I love my '03 though, it has been trouble free..I've owned it for 5 years now

I second that, I can't find prices that good in AZ unless they're stolen and don't have titles with a lien.