Ignition Relocation?

I just got my bike back after being hit by a backing up car and being worked on per insurance at my local shop I went from a stock upper triple and bars to a Scotts triple and Pro Taper bars and in doing so they had to relocate my ignition. In the pic I have attached you can see it's in what I think is a crappy spot so, what I want to know is, has anybody relocated their ignition besides where mine now resides and if so where?

Thank You,

Bob.

Here's where I put mine. With no pic, it's hard to see where they put yours.

drz068.jpg

drz080.jpg

So I've tried to post a pic but have been unsuccessful. I see you are running a Zeta clamp were your bolts recessed allen heads and you just swapped the bolts? Also I see you have no blinker did you have to remove it to mount the ignition? I am running a Scotts triple my bolts are recessed allen heads so I'm guessing I could swap them out to a bolt with a head that will hold the ignition. At the shop they mounted my ignition on the left side of the speed o standing upward and it is bolted to the clamp so it's not cosmetically pleasing.

Bob.

IgnitionPosition-3.jpg

So I've tried to post a pic but have been unsuccessful. I see you are running a Zeta clamp were your bolts recessed allen heads and you just swapped the bolts? Also I see you have no blinker did you have to remove it to mount the ignition? I am running a Scotts triple my bolts are recessed allen heads so I'm guessing I could swap them out to a bolt with a head that will hold the ignition. At the shop they mounted my ignition on the left side of the speed o standing upward and it is bolted to the clamp so it's not cosmetically pleasing.

Bob.

IgnitionPosition-3.jpg

I agree, thats a pretty unsightly place to put the ignition switch. Fortunately, relocating the switch to another location that is more agreeable to you is just about as simple a fix/mod as you'll find. Just unbolt the bracket and move it to your preferred spot. :busted:

Whats the benefit of changing your triple clamp?

The Zeta has a larger fork leg clamping area. It also offers different risers so you can custom tune the height of your bars. The same risers also have 8 different forward/back positions on the tree. It really helped me get my bars into the right position.

I see you are running a Zeta clamp were your bolts recessed allen heads and you just swapped the bolts? Also I see you have no blinker did you have to remove it to mount the ignition?

Bolts were not recessed. I went with the Zeta hand guards that have the LED flashers in them so I ditched the oem flashers and freed up the spot. The Zeta triple also came with two different bolt sets for the bar clamps. 1 set was recessed allan type, the other was not recessed so you could mount the ignition bracket on top of the bar clamps. I didn't want the ignition up to so I moved it where I thought it felt good.

What does the bike feel like with clip-ons?

Hi fish, :moon:

Feels great! :busted:

The alloy racing bars are lightweight, low, narrow, and tucked in...

IMG_1776.jpg

...and with a maximum width of only 28 inches, they make lanesplitting as easy as a sportbike. The bike has a real positive feel to the steering with the little stubby bars clamped directly onto the fork tubes.

I installed the bars upside down and on opposite sides so that they would mimic the same angle and aspect as the stock dirt bars.

They also allowed unrestricted lowering of the front forks to match the link lowered rear end.

As far as I know, I'm the only who has done this mod.

Take Care,

Greg

• Like 1